Price in '87

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Price in '87

Any one know how much a SL1 w/ a snakeskin graphic would have cost in 1987; or a good guestimate?

Listed for around $2000.

Comment

Approx £1600 here in the UK. I remember a Model 6 was originally listed at £1175, then reduced to £799, same price as a Kahler equipped LP Custom...I bought the Model 6, walked out of the shop and left 5 LP Customs in there without a care...

Anyway, snakeskin Soloist, £1600.

Comment

The SL1 model didn't exist in '87. Everything was a custom order then.

In any event, I paid $1300 and change for a red Soloist with a Floyd in '86. Figure a few hundred north of there for a snakeskin graphic, plus a year's worth of inflation.

Comment

er... I mean a Soloist. I was curious because I was looking at Jackson Prices now on their website.

Comment

Done forget that $1400 in 1987 was allot of money back then.

More like $3000 today.

Comment

Originally posted by shreddermon View Post
              The SL1 model didn't exist in '87. Everything was a custom order then.

In any event, I paid $1300 and change for a red Soloist with a Floyd in '86. Figure a few hundred north of there for a snakeskin graphic, plus a year's worth of inflation.
              +1 New Custom Jackson were going for between $1200 and about $1600 in that time frame depending on finish, options and who was selling.

I almost bought a granite Soloist in about '87-88 on blow out for $1299. Originally priced closer to $1800, but sat for more than 6 mos. at the Sam Ash in Paramus.

I laid down about $1700 for a plain jane s hum KV in '89.
              "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

when you figure in inflation over the years...jacksons may actually be not quite as expensive as they used to be...after all how much did gas cost a gallon in 87?...food for thought...d.m.
                http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

Working...
                X