Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First Custom Shop Order...Demon or Death Angel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Custom Shop Order...Demon or Death Angel?

I'm getting ready to place my first order with the Custom Shop and had two guitars priced out. One is a Death Angel in trans black...it's similar to Paulbag's but different inlays and some other minor details. The other was a Silverburst Demon. Both are archtops.

The prices came back and they're pretty reasonable and not too different from on another. So I need to basically decide which one I want more than the other one. Since these are both shapes that are not common I wanted to get some feedback from anyone here who has played, tested, held, etc. these two shapes. Your impressions, comments, suggestions are welcome!

i've never owned either but i'd go with the death angel. if i'm not mistaken the demon is a left handed body setup for a right hander right? if so then i would think id go with the death angel. just my 2cents

Comment

Nice ideas! I have a demon. Love it. Been thinking of a CS demon w/ an archtop too.

Has anyone seen a demon body with an archtop?

Comment

Death Angel.
        My Childrens
        -------------
        Lefty Ke2 ferrari red w blk bevels
        Lefty RR1T trans black
        Lefty Sl2HT trans black
        Lefty SLSMG!!!!

Comment

DEATH ANGEL

Comment

That silverburst Demon looked awesome, so I'd go for that.

I kinda like the Death Angel, but if I'm objective about it, if it had been BC Rich who had designed that shape, I'd probably hate it
            Popular is not the same as good
            Rare is not the same as valuable
            Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

i would do either an xtreme rhoads or death angel.
              demon looks like a a plain old soloist or the regular strat look like guitar.
              Own:
              '93 Rhoads PRO, '92 Fusion Ex, '90 Soloist PRO:, Zoom GFX-5 + moar shitty pedals, Marshall mg15 DFX

Dreamin abt:
              w/e catches my eyes ATM
              More '90 Professionals

Comment

Death angel!
                Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

I hesitate on the Death Angel only because I hear that the Sig Series will be coming out. Although the custom shop would be different than the Sig. Series. I'll post pics of what I was thinking about. Thanks for all the opinions so far!

Comment

Comment

Death Kelly FTW!

http://www.fullersguitar.com/compone...d,27/vmcchk,1/
                      USA Doublerhoads Custom Shop
                      USA King V Custom Shop X Series

Comment

haha RD I have had my eye on that Death Kelly ever since it went up on Fuller's! No way could I ever afford it, but dam its so sexxxy!!

anyways, between death angel and demon, for sure death angel. If you gonna spend big bucks on a custom shop, why not make it an extreme shape? Demon isn't a common shape or anything, but it just seems too plain in my opinion with a silverburst finish to even close to compare with the death angel. On the other hand, if the demon was tricked out with a 3/4 quilt top, then it would be a hard decision haha. Overall though, considering you are picking just between silverburst demon or trans black death angel, death angel wins easily. Trans black is a great color on any shape, and putting it on a death angel takes it to a new level of greatness.
                        Last edited by Oblivion99; 10-20-2008, 10:31 PM.
                        My name may be Matt, but in no case does that mean I will let you walk all over me

Comment

Originally posted by jk2171 View Post
                          See, that Demon is fucking sweet
                          Popular is not the same as good
                          Rare is not the same as valuable
                          Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Do both: a Demon Angel! Can someone photoshop that one? I'd like to see it!
                            That would be a big body and probably very heavy unless you use Poplar or something equally light.

I vote Death Angel, but only with the "butt plug"
                            Black with White bevels!!
                            'Howling in shadows
                            Living in a lunar spell
                            He finds his heaven
                            Spewing from the mouth of hell'

Comment

Originally posted by jk2171 View Post
                              I hesitate on the Death Angel only because I hear that the Sig Series will be coming out. Although the custom shop would be different than the Sig. Series. I'll post pics of what I was thinking about. Thanks for all the opinions so far!
                              Right.
                              But I bet the sig will be a import with import typical specs like black binding, MOTO etc...

Comment

Working...
                              X