Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 92 Fusion Deco Dream help

Hey everybody,

I picked up a 92 Fusion Deco Dream yesterday from Craigslist and I need some expert advice on pickups. I know the Duncans that are in this are not original and I hate the tone. Does anyone know what the original pickup would have been for this piece? I'd really like to return it to as close to original as I can. It has an S/S/H configurement with a boost switch. It also has a 5 way selector and I thought Fusions all had 3 ways.

Thanks

Original you say?? Our own GTarman68 is selling the original full harness & pups in the classifieds now!

http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=86049

I put a Super Distortion in the bridge on my Fusion Pro, leaving the electronics in place. I'm not sure, but it almost seems as though, even with the circuit turned off, it's adding some treble to it. It sounds really good, smooth, but just a bit too thin. If I can't bond with it I'll try something with a little more bottom. I haven't had much time to screw with it, could be that I just don't have it dialed in.

I have another Fusion Pro with the original electronics replaced by EMG's, SA SA 85. Sounds great.

Vass

Comment

On my Fusion, i didn't really dig the sound of the Jackson pickups and the boost, so I put in Duncans.
      -------------------------
      Blank yo!

Comment

Fusions don't have a boost, they have a wah mid-sweep circuit.

I like the J50BC without the wah, but I like the singles with the wah. It keeps them from being so muddy.

Comment

I put an SA SA 81 in this weekend and it really helped the tone out alot. For what Im playing it seemed like the best solution and with EMG having the plug and play now I also got an 85 if I need to clean it up a bit. Thanks for the help guys.

Comment

Working...
          X