Picked up a KV1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Picked up a KV1

A few weeks back, I got a great deal on a KV1. From what I'd heard about it beforehand, I expected it to be in pretty rough shape. So I started thinking about ideas for a new paint job, possibly even changing to a TOM bridge like Zeeg's winter camo V. Well, it showed up and to my surprise, its not in that bad of shape. Some nicks and dings, but nothing major and the hardware was in good shape. I'd say its in great player condition, so I'm gonna leave it as is for a while, at least.

As for how it plays .......... I'm really diggin' it ! I like it a LOT better than any of the RR's I've had. Its really light, which surprised me. Its probably the lightest Jackson I've ever had. The neck feels almost identicle to my WR1's and the KV body is really comfortable. I can definitely see another KV in my future. Most likely, the distant future ...... cuz da little woman will stab me in the head if I keep buying guitars and can't pay for our wedding

Anyway, here's a pic ............
    I'm not afraid to bleed, but I won't do it for you.

Well that guitar was worth getting bitched at I'm sure!
    I love it!!
    'Howling in shadows
    Living in a lunar spell
    He finds his heaven
    Spewing from the mouth of hell'

Comment

Haven't played KV1 but KV Pro is one of the best guitars. Congrats.

Comment

Congrats!
        I hope I can post pix of a KV1 too in some weeks

BTW...
        More pix please!

Comment

NICE!! A KV1 is on my list of must have guitars.. just haven't found one yet lol ... but congrats on the it looks awesome

Comment

Please more pictures!!!

Comment

More pics, more pics
              Jeff Smeltz

Comment

Very cool - LSRs look really cool on black KVs...
                Popular is not the same as good
                Rare is not the same as valuable
                Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Looks awesome PH, but we need some better pics.

From the pic you posted, the finish doesn't look bad at all. Mine was REALLY bad, that's why I had to get it refinished. I mean it really looked like hell, especially close up. The Kerry King signature didn't help. I had considered getting a new Kahler for mine, to put it back to the original configuration, but considering the cost of a new Kahler, and the fact that I actually prefer a TOM set-up, the TOM won out.

The LSRs look really cool, but I'm very glad that mine had regular tuners.
                  Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Thanks guys, I'll take some more pics over the weekend and post 'em . Ya know, the LSR's do look cool, but I dunno if they're for me. I'll give 'em a few more string changes to see if they grow on me. I kinda had some radical plans for it, as I thought it was gonna be pretty beat up, but I'm really happy its in good shape and can leave it alone. I'll hold onto the crazy stuff for when I DO find a real project.

Comment

Originally posted by Phantom Hawk View Post
                      Thanks guys, I'll take some more pics over the weekend and post 'em . Ya know, the LSR's do look cool, but I dunno if they're for me. I'll give 'em a few more string changes to see if they grow on me. I kinda had some radical plans for it, as I thought it was gonna be pretty beat up, but I'm really happy its in good shape and can leave it alone. I'll hold onto the crazy stuff for when I DO find a real project.
                      The KV1s are pretty rare, please let her like she is with the Kahler and LSRs.

I had those keys on my Strat, they didn't work that well with a tremolo bridge, because the string length is critical, but for a fixed brdge they should work great.
                      '90 (8?) Jackson Soloist Professional
                      '97 Jackson RR1 Pile o'skulls
                      '97 Gibson Les Paul Classic
                      '92 Fender Strat scallop
                      '97 BC Rich perfect Bich
                      '99 Burns Brian May black beauty

Comment

Originally posted by Cuthbert View Post
                        The KV1s are pretty rare, please let her like she is with the Kahler and LSRs.

I've had the same thought go through my head. In the end, I'll probably wait and find a beat up KV2 to mess around with. After I get married, of course ! ( had to throw that in just in case she's spying on me ) :ROTF:

Comment

If the guitar causes problems with the wife-to-be or you just can't stand the LSRs anymore, you could probably find a good home for it with someone here on the board... like me.

Comment

Thanks man, its cool knowing ya'll are there for me A few of my guitars already have found new homes here on the board. Two are currently living in Europe, which I suppose in a way makes them far more cultured than I will ever be.

Comment

[...] possibly even changing to a TOM bridge like Zeeg's winter camo V.
                              Nooooo...!
                              The Kahler is what makes this guitar unique. And it sounds great IMO.

A few of my guitars already have found new homes here on the board. Two are currently living in Europe, which I suppose in a way makes them far more cultured than I will ever be.

love stereotype humor....
                              Well, it's 9.20 saturday morning and I'm drinking red wine. Classy europe...:ROTF:
                              '97 KV1 alder

Comment

Working...
                              X