New Toys Coming!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Toys Coming!!

Just won this on Ebay. Getting $200 back, so I thought $650 was a pretty good deal for these items? Anyway, looking for a clean JMP-1 with the pedal now to go with it I am going to give rack rigs a shot, have always been a combo or head amp guy.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=200263740669

Jack

I love fuggin' love mine Jack. I was playing both my amps ALL day. I was jamming with my son for a couple hours. He plays his drums loud as fuck. Both my wife and kid like the Marshall MUCH better. I love my JMP-1/9200..more than ANY amp under the sun.

Congrats Jacks!
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

are you falling outta Uber love?

congrats on the score Jack...
      shawnlutz.com

Comment

BTW..I still have the stock Sovtek 5881s and 12ax7s in both units. I wanna try a pair of JJ's or Tung Sols in the JMP-1..but I'm not fuggin' with it. If it ain't broke, don't fuck with it...fuggums..

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Thanks guys!! Tung Sol pre-amp tubes are the bomb!! They have the gain of the chinese tubes, but more quiet and a little smoother.

Jack

Comment

Originally posted by Shawn Lutz View Post
            are you falling outta Uber love?

congrats on the score Jack...
            Well Shawn, Yes, the Uber has girth, gain and yada yada. But the definition, voice and "cut" of the Marshall is unbeatable. I've fucked with my Uber for 6 years. I play it all the time with my son. The Marshall sounds much better with the drums. Any "brutality" is in my hands and style. Whenever My son and I play both amps together. I have to crank the Bogner's mids and volume up 50% just to be heard over the Marshall. If I were in a band with these amps..you would "feel" the Uber..but hear nothing but Marshall. Not only that..its much more "lively" sounding and repsonds to everything I throw at it. They sound GREAT together..kinda like a bi-amped bass system sounds. The Marshall get most of my attention now...I play much better thru it. My wife says "no comparison"..she likes the way I sound with the Marshall..MUCH..MUCH more. She's only heard me play EVERYDAY for 25 years..she knows best.

I'm going to see how the JVMs hold out. A friend is touring with them..he's toured with Engls, VHTs, and 5150s to name a few..and I like his tone. If the JVM holds up, I may dump the Bogner and get one of those at half the cost used. I should give him a call and see how both amps hang together!! I'm sure he's curious too.:idea:

Man, I HATED the DSL I had..but the JVM and I get along EXTREMELY well! I'm the one that made up his mind on it. They feel/ sounds similair to my tone but with a bit more gain and chunk..go figure.

Comment

..I was talking to the wife. She needs prodding (hah) to get info sometimes. I played both amps all day. I asked her to come in the room about 20 fuggin' times, driving her nuts. Going back and forth between my Bogner and Marshall while playing with Vinny on drums. She said the Marshall sounds "clear" and "crisp"..and the Bogner sounds (puts hand over her mouth) "muffled". The Marshall is certainly LOUDER..that's for certain!! ..and it never needed a noise gate.

It's like an old comphy shoe. Marshall is wear I strarted..then went to FIVE 5150s, TWO Ampeg Lee Jacksons, Soldano SL60/HR100, Mesa Mrk III, Recto, ect, ect ..to decide on two Marshall 2210s. I traded those for this rig in '96. ..Fucked with countless amps since and bought the Bogner...6 years pass to discover I like Marshall...full circle...

Comment

Originally posted by slayer View Post
                Thanks guys!! Tung Sol pre-amp tubes are the bomb!! They have the gain of the chinese tubes, but more quiet and a little smoother.

Jack
                Tung Sols was the only thing that remedied my obnoxious midrange "HONK" at band levels. Man I HATED the sound with the stock JJs! The Bogner almost got the boot then. The tone resembled playing a oboe into megaphone...into a traffic cone..into my fuggin' ear..

The Marshall is all mids..but its the right mids!!!

Comment

sooner or later... everyone goes back to Marshall
                  "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Great power amp. Combine that with a JMP1 and you are all there Jack!!

Comment

Nice score, my buddy has that setup (Jmp-1) in front of that power amp.
                      Great sounding rig.
                      If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
                        Well Shawn, Yes, the Uber has girth, gain and yada yada. But the definition, voice and "cut" of the Marshall is unbeatable. I've fucked with my Uber for 6 years. I play it all the time with my son. The Marshall sounds much better with the drums. Any "brutality" is in my hands and style. Whenever My son and I play both amps together. I have to crank the Bogner's mids and volume up 50% just to be heard over the Marshall. If I were in a band with these amps..you would "feel" the Uber..but hear nothing but Marshall. Not only that..its much more "lively" sounding and repsonds to everything I throw at it. They sound GREAT together..kinda like a bi-amped bass system sounds. The Marshall get most of my attention now...I play much better thru it. My wife says "no comparison"..she likes the way I sound with the Marshall..MUCH..MUCH more. She's only heard me play EVERYDAY for 25 years..she knows best.

I'm going to see how the JVMs hold out. A friend is touring with them..he's toured with Engls, VHTs, and 5150s to name a few..and I like his tone. If the JVM holds up, I may dump the Bogner and get one of those at half the cost used. I should give him a call and see how both amps hang together!! I'm sure he's curious too.:idea:

Man, I HATED the DSL I had..but the JVM and I get along EXTREMELY well! I'm the one that made up his mind on it. They feel/ sounds similair to my tone but with a bit more gain and chunk..go figure.
                        I hear what you saying. I know people who were thinking their tone kills by themselves but bring in the band and go wtf? Opposite is true for some Marshalls, some who say it sounds harsh alone but with the bass and drums... it cuts through the mix like no other.

Life is a circle, I stll get a kick outta going back to the 2203 with an SD1 in front. Especially if I've been playng the others (neglecting the 2203) and then thinking damn....so somple but so cool
                        shawnlutz.com

Comment

Thanks fellas I am really excited!! I will let you know what is sounds like when I get the whole rig put together

Comment

Hey guys. Until I get a JMP-1, will a Digitech Genesis One Guitar effects Processor work as a pre-amp? I am just not sure if it is just effects or a pre-amp also? I really amm green to rack gear and the like

Comment

My first "real" amp was a Marshall Super Lead, non-master volume amp. I no longer have it but do have another non-master volume 100w Marshall which is loud and has plenty of mids as others described for Marshalls. In fact I think the Marshall is probably more likely to cut through the mix because of the way the mids are voiced. It makes it seem like its an even louder amp than the Uber. The Uber is darker and has more lows which in my case works out good because I think the tone from my fingers and playing sounds a bit thin. The Uber complimemnts my playing well. For someone else it might sound too bassy and require backing the lows off. However, I have yet to hear any Marshall that can even remotely compete with the killer gain tone on my Uber. The Uber is just killer in that department. Everyone has their own needs but I still fail to understand why anyone would ever sell their Uber after hearing that great gain channel. There is nothing else out there like it! Also, I only use the Uber with the gain knob at about 12:30-1:00 o'clock to get great 80's tones out of it. If you want you can crank the gain up much more and still sound great. Most amps including Marshalls, which don't have this much gain available on them without a pedal, turn to crap tone when gain is maxed. Point is, I love my Marshall but the Uber has earned its own reputation as king of the high gain amps and neither of mine are going anywhere
                              Rudy
                              www.metalinc.net

Comment

Working...
                              X