rr1 sound

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rr1 sound

hi , ive recently bough a new rr1 made this year. does anyone like my self have dificulty playing pinched harmonics on it?

I have an RR1 and there's no problem at all playing pinched squeals etc. The guitar should make no difference unless perhaps the pickup is in the way?

Comment

I do agree, if you have difficulties playing pinched harmonics, I suggest you to change strings: fresh ones have more harmonic content therefore it is easier to find the artificial harmonic.

Since you just bought her, I assume you're playing with the original strings, am I wrong?
      '90 (8?) Jackson Soloist Professional
      '97 Jackson RR1 Pile o'skulls
      '97 Gibson Les Paul Classic
      '92 Fender Strat scallop
      '97 BC Rich perfect Bich
      '99 Burns Brian May black beauty

Comment

no there newish strings the sustain isnt very good either

Comment

mmm...sounds worrying.

Which Pus do you have?Stock ones? Maybe they're too far away from the strings....
          '90 (8?) Jackson Soloist Professional
          '97 Jackson RR1 Pile o'skulls
          '97 Gibson Les Paul Classic
          '92 Fender Strat scallop
          '97 BC Rich perfect Bich
          '99 Burns Brian May black beauty

Comment

might need a setup maybe??

Comment

Agreed. It's been 7-8 months since my WR1 was last set up and not once on my DK1.
              Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Originally posted by XxMetalJackxX View Post
                hi , ive recently bough a new rr1 made this year. does anyone like my self have dificulty playing pinched harmonics on it?

Somethings got to be in the way of the string.

Comment

I am in the same boat as MetalJacket. Don't get me wrong, I can get pinch harmonics out of my floyded Jacksons. They just seem easier to get on the string thru models or my Gibsons. No idea why though.
                  Scott
                  Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

If your Floyd is burbling as you play even a little bit, it might be killing off the sustain and damping the harmonics. I normally use a tremsetter, and just took it out for fun, the guitar feels too "bendy" now, and doesn't seem to feel or sound as solid as I'm used to! It's a 1985 model with Seymour Distortion in the bridge, original floyd flush mounted (without the routed area under it).

Comment

im guna think about changeing the bridge pickup, at the moment its the SD JB TB-4

Comment

The JB is a great pickup for harmonics. I get all kinds of harmonics on my SL2H with the same bridge pickup...like others have said, it has to be something with the setup. Maybe the action is set too low or the floyd is not setup properly...maybe it is angled?

Comment

Just a thought - check your EQ settings on your amp/FX too. The global mids on my GT-8 are set to -20 and -11...
                          Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

cud be the set up. my amps all good, my strat copy sounds good withpinched harmonics. i got it set up bout a month ago, maybe he didnt do to good of a job

Comment

Adjust the height on your pups. If too high or too low it has a big effect on harmonics.

Sometimes when the pup is too near the strings it pulls too much and kills the note.
                              All men play on 10. Never gonna turn down again.

Comment

Working...
                              X