Delay + Boost in one pedal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Delay + Boost in one pedal

Looking for a pedal that adds both delay and a boost for soloing and stuff. Came across the tech 21 D.L.A which basically does exactly what I want but somehow did not impress me too much. Are there any others? Or has anyone tried the tech 21 pedal and like it a lot?

http://www.tech21nyc.com/boostdla.html
    Sam

None out there other than this? No one is even interested in the idea? I thought I would be getting a few posts talking about this.
    Sam

Comment

You have that in your GT-10! Have a preset that you like... write it
      to the next one over... and then go in, and boost the EQ, turn up the
      "Patch" level another 20%, Delay off in the first patch...Delay now on
      in the 2nd one...speed, depth.. and Bam! It's one footswitch away from
      being a "Boost"...

Comment

I've used a Boss DD-2 and DD-3 (in separate rigs) for exactly what you're describing. Not a HUGE boost, but definitely sufficient for every situation I've been in. By setting the Level knob (which controls the volume of the echo) at around 1 o'clock, the original and delayed note "hit" together without getting muddy. Turning it further than that starts to sound a little off, but YMMV.
        sigpic

Comment

But I thought the level knob in traditional delay pedals are more of an "effect level" or mix as some of 'em have. I dont think they provide a boost in overall volume. I have a rocktron cheapo delay pedal and it does have a level knob. Boosting it just gives me more delay in the sound. I usually keep the level on my delay pedals very low for a subtle delay effect.
          Sam

Comment

I don't know the science behind it, only that I've been using this same basic setup since 2000 or earlier for a solo boost with delay. Like I said, it's subtle, but enough.
            sigpic

Comment

http://www.protonepedals.com/product...n/pedelay.html
              "Now remember, things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb, mad-dog mean. 'Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is. ":JOSEY WALES

Comment

I just bought a tech 21 on the bay. I'll post a review soon as soon as I get it.
                Sam

Comment

If you really do have a GT-10 it couldn't be easier. Like Robert says, just change the output level and/or boost the EQ to suit and then write the patch to wherever you want it to go.
                  Then try it out and alter the patch level until its "right" writing over the same patch each time.

As a lot of the presets are at differing volumes you should really be altering the output levels of your "go to" patches so that they are all in synch when you come to play live. The ones that are for solo boosts having a higher patch level of course.

Typically you'll have your favourite patches next to each other on the U01-U? patches for example.
                  All men play on 10. Never gonna turn down again.

Comment

Originally posted by Mazrim View Post
                    If you really do have a GT-10 it couldn't be easier. Like Robert says, just change the output level and/or boost the EQ to suit and then write the patch to wherever you want it to go.
                    Then try it out and alter the patch level until its "right" writing over the same patch each time.

As a lot of the presets are at differing volumes you should really be altering the output levels of your "go to" patches so that they are all in synch when you come to play live. The ones that are for solo boosts having a higher patch level of course.

Typically you'll have your favourite patches next to each other on the U01-U? patches for example.
                    Well, to be honest, I was a HUGE proponent of the GT-8. I know how versatile those beasts can be. As long as I was playing by myself, the GT-8 -> Carvin TS100 -> 4x12 with celestion clones was a match made in heaven. That was until I joined a band. Somehow, even though I had read and made good use of the GT-8 Brilliance document, I could not get the gt-8 to sound good in the band mix. my band-mate's $6000 rig was hard to beat. I listened to jgcable and bought a Uber metal. That's it! I'm back to the traditional pedalboard. I dont think I will go back to multi-fx. Uber metal + BBE stomp box can give you some of the best distortion tones out there. Try it. You wont be dissappointed.
                    Sam

Comment

The GT-10 is far better than the 8. Nobody is getting lost in mixes with one of those babies.
                      I have a Keeley MT2-TZ I dont use any more because the GT-10 is so good.
                      All men play on 10. Never gonna turn down again.

Comment

Please post a review of that Tech 21 pedal. It sounds very interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Mazrim View Post
                          The GT-10 is far better than the 8. Nobody is getting lost in mixes with one of those babies.
                          I have a Keeley MT2-TZ I dont use any more because the GT-10 is so good.
                          ** Wow, if the GT-10 retires a Keeley... thats saying sumthin!

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable View Post
                            Please post a review of that Tech 21 pedal. It sounds very interesting.
                            I have posted a video review on gootube. Please pardon the crappy talk and comments. Non-native english speaker you see?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJMkke0GLlE
                            Sam

Comment

Sounds cool. I loved Troops of Doom, too! Now I gotta go dig that cassette out.
                              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                              X