Marshall G100RCD What are they like?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marshall G100RCD What are they like?

I have a line on a Marshall G100RCD head and wanted to here from some of you that might have had or used this Head.

Dogue

I have read the reviews on HC some guys say there Killer others say there shit. Anybody thry one?

Comment

They're nothing special, halfway decent high-gain but nowhere near as nice as even a VS100 or 8100 head. They were $299 brand new so they were definitely the bottom of the line 100-watt Marshall head ever made.
      Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Its better than nothing but not much better.

Comment

its ok. its about 30 percent as good as say a vs100 (as lerxstcat said)bottom of the line. my crate gt120hl can put the g100rcd to shame. thats right crate put a marshall to shame. of course thats just my opinion.

-edit- fwiw mine is in the shop as we speak/write. probably gonna end up in the trash

Comment

Thanks for your thoughts I think i will pass on it.

Comment

They're pretty good.

Originally posted by dogueboy View Post
              Thanks for your thoughts I think i will pass on it.
              I like mine and I send my guitar output into a Yamaha GW-10, through a DigiTech RP100, into the G100RCD, and finally into a CRATE DX-212. My guitar and microphone and CD all sound their best plugged in to it. The RCD stands for CD player, I'm pretty sure, because there is a jack in the back to plug your CD Player into. When my G100RCD was new in 2004, I was living with Mark Perry and he sounded like Eddie Van Halen while playing through my amp. I called ASCAP and said what should I do and they said record him give it to the DJ and you'll get money for each time it's played. I couldn't get him to go to the studio with me but, I recorded all of these at home (I've made over $1000.00 selling a recording I made of, "A WHITER SHADE OF PALE" using the G100RCD and a guitar) -> https://michaelwilliamandersen.bandcamp.com/music

Comment

Working...
              X