Loss of Quality?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loss of Quality?

I want to buy a new professional guitar and I would like it to be a Jackson USA model (probably Soloist). The thing that worries me is the rumor that Jackson guitars went down in their quality since Fender bought Jackson, so I would like to hear from some of you people who actually bought some brand new USA Jackson guitars lately is it true or not. I sure hope it is not.

i haven't actually bought a new one but honestly I don't believe it. new ones seem every bit up to fluff.

Comment

I bought a new Charvel at it is very nice.I have looked at a lot of the new USA Jacksons and they look and feel like my old ones.They are still being made by the people that built them back in the day just they are paid by Fender.
      Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Every guitar is a little bit different. Play them until you find a soloist that you like.

Then buy the one that you like.

Comment

I bought a new Soloist SL2H-MAH about 8 months ago. I had to order it because I could not find a USA Made Soloist locally. The 1st one had a terrible finish and looked like it was over sanded. The 2nd one had a major problem; the router posts for the tremolo were slightly off. Consequently, the high E was almost off the fret board. The 3rd one was the charm. Awesome!!! The dealer I purchased from was great. Completely supported me returning the first two to Fender.

Go for it, but look it over very closely and ensure that the dealer will completely back you if you have some problems. One local dealer that I was considering would have sold the Soloist cheaper, but they wanted a $1,000 deposit and told me that whatever Fender sent was mine. Regardless of the condition! I was so happy that I paid a $100 more but dealt with a larger, reputable vendor.

Comment

I bougt a DK1 last December and another in May with July delivery because it had to be built. Both are excellent quality. Superb guitars!
            "Some days you're the dog, other days you're the hydrant." - on the back of the business card for Bella the Pomeranian

The comments expressed here do not necessarily reflect the opinions of management.

Comment

I bought a new WR1 about 2 years ago and its flawless and one of my favorites. I wouldn't worry about lower quality on the whole, though I'm sure every guitar isn't perfect.
              I'm not afraid to bleed, but I won't do it for you.

Comment

Fender would be shooting themselves in the foot if they ruined Jackson. Companies do stupid stuff like that, but I would hope Fender would know better.

I get the prices mixed up... did CBS buy Fender for $25M and sell it for $30M, or was it the other way around? In any event, the price they sold it for was way less than what they paid for it in inflation-adjusted dollars.

Comment

Ok, let me just say...I don't own a USA Jackson. So this reply is strictly from what I've read here. How in the hell does a guitar, any guitar, that sells for that much arrive to the customer with some of the defects you guys have mentioned??? What about quality control? If I paid 2 grand or more for a guitar and had to send it back 2 or 3 different time...wtf? I think I would be looking at other brands. I bought a JDR from MF a few years ago. It had a paint dimple, offset hum ring, and a few other quirks. I gave $179 for it. That I can see, but to pay big money and HOPE that you get a good one is ridiculous.
                  I still keep practicing though.... Mostly because I hate my neighbors.-MakeAJazzNoiseHere

Comment

Oh by the way, I just had a lump cut out of my groin and I'm stoned on Lortab, so please don't flame me too hard for knocking on your girls.
                    I still keep practicing though.... Mostly because I hate my neighbors.-MakeAJazzNoiseHere

Comment

Pre-Fender doesn't necessarily mean better in terms of USA Jacksons. My 2006 WR1 shits all over my 2002 DK1. The latter had to be sent away because the binding work was shoddy. The back of the neck has variations in the grain that make it look like someone lay something across it (like a filthy tan). I'm picking it up tommorow, though I will be inspecting it before I accept.
                      Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

I don't know if i'm right on this, but since Fender took over haven't all the builders and everything stayed the same. The only thing thats different is the name in control of the company?

Comment

Originally posted by wilkinsi View Post
                          Pre-Fender doesn't necessarily mean better in terms of USA Jacksons. My 2006 WR1 shits all over my 2002 DK1. The latter had to be sent away because the binding work was shoddy. The back of the neck has variations in the grain that make it look like someone lay something across it (like a filthy tan). I'm picking it up tommorow, though I will be inspecting it before I accept.
                          I'd say the difference if any is not pre fender post fender, but Pre poplar bodied (pre 1999, and post 1999).

Comment

Originally posted by quadperson View Post
                            Oh by the way, I just had a lump cut out of my groin and I'm stoned on Lortab, so please don't flame me too hard for knocking on your girls.
                            It's okay, we understand.
                            "Dear Dr. Bill,
                            I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

I bought myself a couple soloists this year. One was right out of the store, i played it a little and just fell in love. The other one i had to wait for them to build the damn thing but i'm glad i did. Quality is absolutely outstanding on anything i've gotten. I have no problem blind-ordering a guitar from them

Comment

Working...
                              X