Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 1st USA Jackson...

Hey,

I'm fairly new around here but I just thought I'd show you all my first USA Jackson. My first Jackson being a MIJ Stars RR-J2SP, which I will post a few pics of too.

I'm a member of JGP too so I'll just paste here what I posted there!

1997 USA Jackson RR1 - Eerie Dess Swirl Finish.

Poplar body
    22 jumbo frets
    Ebony fretboard
    Original Floyd Rose - black
    Mother Of Pearl inlays & Jackson logo
    White binding
    EMG 81 & 85, brand new

A nice upgrade from my Japanese Jackson Stars, which had alder body, Schaller trem, and EMG HZ pickup (replaced with a J-50BC, of course).
    As soon as I plugged it in and chugged on the low E, I could tell it was sooooooo much better sounding because of the poplar body, I love it. I will never own an alder body guitar again!

The action and trem setup is great, I won't adjust it in anyway, and it came in Eb, so I'll be leaving it there. When I tuned my Stars down to D, it totally fucked up the intonation and I do NOT want that to happen to this too.

This was my first time playing an Original Floyd Rose, and it's so amazing! I know the Schaller trems are made in the same German factory but they feel nothing alike. If you have one, replace it now. The flutters on this thing are so easy and sound perfect. I haven't yet mastered it yet, but I'm sure I'll be getting lots of practice.

The only flaws on this guitar at all is the chip on the higher wing, which is nearly impossible to avoid on an RR shaped guitar, especially one that was made 11 years ago. Apart from that, the only other thing I would change would be the addition of an extra two frets. I'm loving the neck pickup option, because I can get nice warm tones when I'm playing a quick run during a solo or something.

Well, here's the media. Lots of pics first, then a quick shitty soundclip thing that I did in like a minute.

Here's the Stars RR...

Now, they're a couple. :grin:

I'll take a group shot of all 5 guitars later.

And here's the audio, quickly with clipping, yay. I'll make some better sounding recordings another time, when I've got something to record and when I don't completely suck (I can play better than this, honestly, haha!).

http://www.sendspace.com/file/s4vk26

Cheers for looking, guys!

Comment

Nice axe!! I love the eerie dess swirl finish .. but only on the US models they are 10x better than the imports and yours looks really good.

Comment

Well after seeing that, methinks I'm gonna have to pester Chris to sell me his EDS WR1 again..
        Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

man that SOB screams.

Comment

Nice guitars!!!
            "Dear Dr. Bill,
            I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

Hey Mitch! It's me... MITCH!

Very cool RR1.

I personally think alder/poplar does not sound that different to me.
              I'd say the EMGs are sounding better for your taste.

Comment

Good Humor on the Floyd!

It put a grin on my face.
                Great finish on the USA...congrats!

Comment

Cool!!! I had a RR1 in Eerie Dess once... never shoulda sold it...
                  Hardware: all black, all the time.

Comment

Man, I love that Jackson Stars model.. I'm somewhat of an alexi fanboy too :P haha

The EDS looks killer too. I like the big purple part on the wing.
                    "I hate these filthy neutrals! With enemies, you know where they stand. But with neutrals... who knows? It sickens me!"

Comment

Sweet RR1, I am absolutely in love with the EDS. But I kinda like you Stars more, guess its just my Alexi fanboy-ism taking over. Too bad they're discontinued.

Comment

Dude!! That paintjob is fucking beautiful!!

By the way, how good/bad went September with those £40 ?
                        http://www.myspace.com/inarkadiaband
                        Melodic Thrash Death Metal
                        WE NEED A LABEL FOR OUR 3RD ALBUM!

Comment

nice find. cant wait to see all 5

Comment

Someone likes bodom.

Comment

I don't know why they switched from Poplar.

Nice guitar....

Comment

Working...
                              X