BOSS GT-10 or Line 6 X3 LIVE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BOSS GT-10 or Line 6 X3 LIVE

Can I get some opinions on these. Which do you think is a better? I am looking at both now and doing some research but I would like to here from from you guys that have used them or both.

Thanks
    Dogue

I've used both a GT-8 and X3 Live. I would vote the GT-10 in this case, in terms of ease of use and my familarity with Boss/Roland FX.
    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Boss GT10 Definitely,
      Boss Gives Awesom Amp Modulation and Effect System , Boss is the way to go !!
      i own a GT8 and its AWESOM !! Great Amp modulation and Varity of Parameters to Adjust each and every detail of an Amp / Mic / Speaker Modulation..
      GT10 has USB Connection and a quick Tone Generator that sounds awesom..
      Boss really know how to make a good product..

you do not want a BOX with Knobs on it (Line6) like kids do..
      i do not know about the Latest Line6 Product but PodXT live was shit .. i used it, you do not have Enough Parameters to modify your Tone and Amp , some Uploaded tones were Decent with some settings but less Freedom to modify tones and Amp Module system , and Amp Module sounds like some Dry Digital Crap ..
      In God we Trust, All others must pay cash :ROTF:

Comment

I dont know too much about Line 6, but I have a Guitar Port and it is the shit. I like the looks of their new stomp box modeller too.

Comment

For Live... the GT10 wins
          For PC editing... the POD X3 wins

Comment

Another good thing about the Boss, is that huge well lit up screen.
            The POD stuff is so small... i had a problem even with glasses.

Plus now, the GT-10 adds tube like warmth... and overall better signal
            to noise ratio.. in other words..more "Sparkling"... high end audio sound.

This shows just how clean, the clean can be...GT-10 thru a DKMGT with
            real EMG's. The computer mic recreates about 2/3rds of what im hearing
            in the room. Its about as good as it gets imo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7K8JC335PAA
            Last edited by Robert Burns; 10-09-2008, 08:08 PM.

Comment

That sounds SWEET. How many preset patchs come with the BOSS the 3X Live has 200. This will be my first time messing around with one of these. So I will probably use the presets for bit util I work it out and start making my own. Can you play more than one guitar through it? I will have to go to the BOSS site and read more. I have watched several youtube videos.

Dogue

Comment

My GT-8 has one input the x3 stuff has a guitar/bass input or an xlr input...

I recently bought an X3 and it's near impossible for me to get rid of the fizz unlike the GT-8 which I can quite easily take the fizz pout from it by adjusting the EQ the sub EQ.

I find that even the best pod X3 clips still have plenty of fizz and imo just turn me off...

If the processing is even better on the GT-10 than the GT-8 i'd definately go for the 10, however learn to use it as it will need some tweaking to truely sparkle...When it's tweaked right they crap all over the pod's imo...

Comment

Do you have a Guitar Center close? They generally have a GT-10 out now to play around with. I test drove it a few times thorugh various guitars before buying one.

It is very quiet and has lots of parameters to mess around with.
                  Jackson KV2
                  Jackson KE1T
                  Jackson KE1F
                  Jackson SL1

Comment

No I live in Canada no guitar center but I was at a Music store they had both. I guess i should take one of my guitars and play around with both. I just do not have a lot of experance with them and i thought you know if it had some good pre set patches that you could work with already it would give me time to play it. Than i could work on getting it set up and make some of my own patches. The guy at the music store recomended the 3X LIVE said he had played both but for all I know he could be getting better commision for selling one than the other. I wanted to here from the people on here. I respect your opinions.
                    Dogue

Comment

I've only played the GT-10 but you can sit right down and flip through the 50 pre-set patches with the rotary dial, its a piece of cake to do that. There's lots of cool ones from rock to metal to country to clean to synth, octavers, etc.

Modifying those to add or diminish other effects to the preset or to add one of the various overdrives to the sound or changing the amp model or to use the looper require a few minutes of reading maybe but it is extremely user friendly.

And the thing just feels solid, like all Boss pedals do.
                      Jackson KV2
                      Jackson KE1T
                      Jackson KE1F
                      Jackson SL1

Comment

Originally posted by dogueboy View Post
                        That sounds SWEET. How many preset patchs come with the BOSS the 3X Live has 200. This will be my first time messing around with one of these. So I will probably use the presets for bit util I work it out and start making my own. Can you play more than one guitar through it? I will have to go to the BOSS site and read more. I have watched several youtube videos.

Dogue
                        Sure you can play hundreds of different guitars thru it ! (i know what
                        you meant...but had to take the low road!) No...one guitar at a time..
                        but you can assign 2 different signal paths out to different amps...and
                        mix, and match! It really has two separated effects units built into one
                        case. Also....if you just kinda like the presets...but nothing is blowing
                        your mind? (i cant see this as about 6 or 7 presets stunned me) Erupting"... Dead nuts EVH tone...
                        Worth the price of admission alone imo....
                        But FYI... anything you hear at first...can be made about 60% better!
                        Tweaking after a month...gave me insane tones... Why they dont
                        just do this at the factory, and then slam you in the nut sack, upon
                        plugging in...i dont know. But it can be tweaked to be just HUGE!

Comment

Originally posted by ozzuk1 View Post
                          My GT-8 has one input the x3 stuff has a guitar/bass input or an xlr input...

I recently bought an X3 and it's near impossible for me to get rid of the fizz unlike the GT-8 which I can quite easily take the fizz pout from it by adjusting the EQ the sub EQ.

I find that even the best pod X3 clips still have plenty of fizz and imo just turn me off...

If the processing is even better on the GT-10 than the GT-8 i'd definately go for the 10, however learn to use it as it will need some tweaking to truely sparkle...When it's tweaked right they crap all over the pod's imo...
                          ** good advice here...(Ozzuk1) one important thing with the GT-10 of the "8"...
                          is that the user friendly knob design over the parameter programs of
                          the 8' make the 10 way better imo. Its like having 50 stomp boxes in
                          front of you, with simple knob adjust and a huge screen to see what
                          your doing in"Virtual Stomp box world!

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Burns View Post
                            Nice clip Robert! And a bunch of nice guitars too!!!
                            JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
                            Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

Thanks guys. I wil go back this weekend and give both a try. But you got me leaning towards the GT-10

Comment

Working...
                              X