Jackson Custom Shop logo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson Custom Shop logo

Hello guys. I'm interested when Jackson firstly became to paint the Custom Shop logo on the headstocks of customs. Some weeks ago I've seen a San Dimas soloist with this logo. Was it the fake ?
    '94 KV PCS
    '99 KV-2 Camo
    '01 KV-2 Black Ghost Flames
    '93 Grover Jackson Kelly Custom

I don't know exactly when they started using it, but recall starting to see guitars with the "customshop" logo pop up around 1998.

I don't believe a true 80's "San Dimas" model would have this logo on it. Perhaps it was a San Dimas style run that was done in more recent years?

Comment

In the 80s, all the Jacksons were "custom" in that they were "one-of" ordered by an individual or a store, even the plain jane guitars with stock looking specs. There was no "custom shop" logo and for the most part, the Jackson logo was just a decal. I have a '88 RR Custom with a pearl Jackson logo (no custom shop) which was special ordered that way (where as now, it appears to be a standard feature on USA models).
      "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

Originally posted by RR05xx View Post
        I have a '88 RR Custom with a pearl Jackson logo (no custom shop) which was special ordered that way
        Care to share pics of it? I'm interested how it looks like .

Comment

RR05xx , share pics please
          Some days ago I talked with the owner of that San Dimas. He told me that he has painted the logo by himself.
          But what about the early 90s customs ? May they have the custom shop logo ?
          '94 KV PCS
          '99 KV-2 Camo
          '01 KV-2 Black Ghost Flames
          '93 Grover Jackson Kelly Custom

Comment

They probably started doing that sometime after in 1990 when USA Jacksons divided into the Custom Shop ones and the regular production. I have not seen any pre-90 Jackson with a Custom Shop logo and believe me I've seen many!

Comment

Working...
            X