new CS idea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new CS idea

i have been enjoying playing my fender strats and my ibanez guitars a lot more lately. my PRS has been getting a lot of action too. my USA jacksons....not so much love lately. i have been struggling with the upper fret access on my PC-1's and my SL's. weird, but true. the necks on the soloists seem to thick or something.

i love the build quality and the feel of my USA's, but....also i have arthritis in my fret hand and i am finding myself suffering a lot more with the thick necks, which is a shame because alomost ALL my jackson's (except the SL's) have the PC-1 sized neck!!!!

so i have an idea for a new CS. i am taking all my favorite features of a lot of guitars and applying them to this guitar.

body: alder SLS body (thicker than the SLSMG, i hope)
    neck: oiled maple neck-thru
    fretboard: bound ebony with 6100 frets
    headstock: reverse strathead
    bridge: recessed floyd
    pickups: creme dimarzio norton/air norton
    controls: 2 vol. & 5-way switch

anyway, i am stuck on the color. part of me wants to a gold top, part of me wants to do a burnt orange metallic like my favorite PRS has....

which looks better to you?

oh, and if i can't get a reverse strathead, i'll just request a reverse "sears" headstock.
    GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Except for PC1s, stratheads are still not allowed on custom shop Jacksons. And, unless you want the SLS body style for looks, I don't think there's much difference in terms of upper access feel vs a Soloist.

Whatever floats your boat, though - that's what the custom shop is all about.

Personally, I'm not a big fan of goldtops. So I'd go with the orange.

Comment

the orange one
      Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

you could just get some scalloping of the lower horn/heel?
        I would dig the orange one with "CBS" era headstock in matching colour..maybe a touch of sparkle/metal flakes in the orange would be cool as well? not crazy about the tight knob placement but I assume that's your personal preference so I'm not gonna insult your sketches
        edit: I also suggest abalone logo and fretboard dots

best of luck

- Rune

Comment

That's too bad about your arthritis. I'd say unless you have a detriment like that, if you can't solo on a Soloist there's nothing left for you. Best of luck in your hunt.
          "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
          Gotta get away from here.
          Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
          Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Jackson Nuno Bettencourt Signature model. New for '08 :ROTF:
            '08 Jackson Custom Shop Soloist
            '09 Jackson Custom Shop Soloist
            '09 Fender Stratocaster American Deluxe Fatstrat
            '12 Charvel ProMod SoCal Japan
            '17 Gibson Les Paul Classic
            '13 Gibson M-III