SL1/SL2H neck differences?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SL1/SL2H neck differences?

So over the summer I bought myself a SL1 and ordered an SL2H, and now the SL2H finally got here.

I've gotta say, i think something is up with the neck on the SL1 now that i have another soloist to compare it to. The two soloists just could not be more different, and even though Jackson has them spec'ed as the same necks, i can't help but feel that the SL1 somehow got a speed neck. It plays MUCH more like my KV2 than the other soloist or the RR1. The neck is just a lot thinner and MUCH wider. Anyone have any experience with this?

P.S. I am NOT complaining, in fact, i'd rather have two different necks like this, but i think it's quite odd.

Even with CNCs, a good deal of work is still done by hand. So there's bound to be some variances from neck to neck.

Comment

Wow,,,I tried an SL1 over the summer, and just bought a new SL2H this August. I thought that the the SL1 neck was thicker,,,and that my SL2H feels faster and a bit thinner. Just the opposite of your observation

Comment

Haha this is strange. I should stress that it really feels like a KV2 neck. The difference from the other soloist is actually visible (the fretboard at the 24th fret is so much wider). It doesn't seem like it's just a little different, as i know each guitar is. Any chance i somehow got a speed neck on this thing?

To sum up:
        - SL2H plays like RR1 (and it should, same specs)
        - SL1 plays like KV2 (makes no sense)

Comment

Working...
        X