I need a Jackson Kelly Star, bad.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need a Jackson Kelly Star, bad.

Will Jackson still build one of these as a custom shop order, because according to word of mouth it's no, and yet no one else will build it because of fear of lawsuit.

If Jackson won't produce it and won't let anyone else produce it, then that's lame as shit.

Last I heard Dan Fastuca designed the guitar and now Moser is building them, but they don't have the exact Kelly upper body.

Anyone know of any means to get one of these built?

If you're happy with a bolt on, buy a Japanese import instead, and change out the hardware with good quality parts.
    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

I don't think there's any reason why the custom shop wouldn't build a kellystar. It was never an artist model. Inquire if you are prepared to pay CS prices and wait up to 2 years. If not the Jap version comes up on ebay every now and again.
      I feel festive all year round. Deal with it.

Comment

Originally posted by wilkinsi View Post
        If you're happy with a bolt on, buy a Japanese import instead, and change out the hardware with good quality parts.
        I might have to settle for this, but I want a neck-thru model pretty badly.

Originally posted by levantin View Post
        I don't think there's any reason why the custom shop wouldn't build a kellystar. It was never an artist model. Inquire if you are prepared to pay CS prices and wait up to 2 years. If not the Jap version comes up on ebay every now and again.
        I don't mind paying CS prices as long as they can still build this model, but I need to find a dealer who I can ask to confront Jackson about it.

The turnaround time is back to 2 years now? I thought it has gotten down to about 7 months recently.

Comment

Originally posted by JacksonVHT View Post
          Will Jackson still build one of these as a custom shop order, because according to word of mouth it's no, and yet no one else will build it because of fear of lawsuit.

If Jackson won't produce it and won't let anyone else produce it, then that's lame as shit.

Last I heard Dan Fastuca designed the guitar and now Moser is building them, but they don't have the exact Kelly upper body.

Anyone know of any means to get one of these built?
          Dan Fastuca did not design the Kelly Star. The Kelly Star was around long before. Dan's guitar is a Fastar, which is a different shape (and bigger) that Jackson did make a couple of for him.

Fastar...

Kelly Star...

So you can get a Kelly Star, just not a Fastar.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
            Dan Fastuca did not design the Kelly Star. The Kelly Star was around long before. Dan's guitar is a Fastar, which is a different shape (and bigger) that Jackson did make a couple of for him.

Fastar...

Kelly Star...

So you can get a Kelly Star, just not a Fastar.
            Thanks for clearing that up.

Everyone including Moser has been telling me that the Fastar was just modified to Jackson tastes after, I didn't know the KS came before but hopefully the JCS will build it for me, so I can play my order asap.

Comment

Working...
            X