X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scored one of those 80's signed Lava Dinky's

Happened to win this on Ebay the other day:
    http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....m=290262945122

It's seen better days but for the money, I couldn't go past a US guitar with EMG's. Interesting to see how the finish comes off, leaving the blue underneath.

I also didn't even notice till after I won that it is missing part of a tuner, I'll have to get a part from somewhere at some point. There's no hurry though, a friend who lives in the area is picking it up for me and I'll get it from him when I visit at some point, so I won't see it for a few months.

The plan is just to clean it up and leave it as is. I'm hoping the JT6 works ok, too bad you can't get replacement parts for those things.

I've seen these around for years and I'm guessing it's an 87/88 guitar going by the trem. Does anyone have any info on these guitars? How many were made of each colour and why Grover signed them? Now that I've got one, these things are of interest.

She looks a little rough Vic...but wow, what a good price!! A little TLC and it'll be good to go. Hope things are good down under dude!!

Comment

Vic, if you're looking to offload a GF Soloist or a Rhoads Pro to make room for that puppy, let me know
      Hail yesterday

Comment

Tom, how are things? Everything's good here, I've been keeping my nose clean, just one guitar last year and now this one, I am resisting the urges well. I must admit I'm amazed at how guitars can get in this condition, but I'll just put it down to the guitars personality and resist any changes to it. Going from the questions asked the frets and board should be fine, I hope....

G: I think you already have enough guitars buddy, and there is ALWAYS room for one more!

Comment

Originally posted by Genebaby View Post
          G: I think you already have enough guitars buddy, and there is ALWAYS room for one more!
          you're arguing with yourself now!
          Hail yesterday

Comment

Yes, thanx for pointing that out Gary, I can always rely on you for things like that....basically, what I'm trying to say is....keep AWAY from my guitars....unless you're willing to part with crazy money for them....

Comment

"welcome to Crazy Gaz's, where our prices are SOOOOO LOW it'll make you gag on your breakfast burrito!"

How about $100 for both guitars? That's an offer so crazy, you'd be crazy to turn it down! But don't worry, I'm not a complete c*nt - I will pay for shipping....
              Hail yesterday

Comment

Nice score man, was watching it and totally forgot about it, glad it got picked up by one of us! Original prolly is the way to go on it, especially if it turns out blue under that lava!

USA on a squier budget

Comment

Thanx man, I just have to keep Gary away from it and I'll be right.

I was actually sick as a dog Monday morning and thought I had missed it when I finally remembered the auction was finishing. Dragged myself to the computer with less than 20 mins left, won her and went back to bed.

When I finally pick her up I'll check out what's happening with the crackle and may either leave it as is or try and take the rest off and have a blue dinky.

Comment

Working...
                  X