No announcement yet.

Full circle, Peavey 6505+ half stack...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Full circle, Peavey 6505+ half stack...

Well I've ended up with a new 6505 half stack. 3 minutes out of the box and it sounds like it should.

Nothing to report really, you all know how they sound and how reliable they are. Goodbye Engl, Mesa, Marshall, Soldano, Vetta and Framus.

I'm sure there was another amp I've had in the last 12 months...the name escapes me...

I know the name.

"It sounds like it should" means it sounds good? Congrats!!!
    http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

Hey glad to hear it worked out for ya. I know finding the right amp can be tough.

Comment

Well chances are good it won't blow up!!

Congrats..that's a tried and true workhorse!!

BBE422..in the loop..but ya know this.
        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Sounds like it should does mean good

Yeah, I need the BBE again, sold my last one with my last Peavey

It's like being back with an old friend...a violent, unrefined, twisted old friend, but at least I know where I am with this one

Comment

Originally posted by shadowcat View Post
            I know the name.

Please don't say the name...

Comment

Originally posted by SEAN RAF View Post
              Sounds like it should does mean good

Yeah, I need the BBE again, sold my last one with my last Peavey

It's like being back with an old friend...a violent, unrefined, twisted old friend, but at least I know where I am with this one
              Just like a comfy old pair of shoes..
              "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
              Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Nice!
                I've been thinking about grabbing one of these +'s myself lately.
                If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

Its a great sounding amp. I have an old 5150II that just kills. Its a backup for my JCM900 50w.

Comment

I have to agree...just plugging into one at the local GC...had me smiling!
                    Super chug..and defined low end... Congrats...now maybe you can
                    start relaxing and not seeing smoke coming out of your equipment!

Comment

Heh heh.... Excellent. I have went that route a few times with the 5150. Excellent to see you have found your tone.... again. lol.

Comment

6505+ is a winner, they're so smooth and capable of SCARY volumes.

as above, low end is very well made out, but you can sit tops with that so well to balance it..... i've only played a few amps that do that well, but the 6505+ does it best!
                        Double Rhoads "Vader" Custom.
                        Double Rhoads "Empire" Custom.

EVH 5150III Head and Cabs
                        ISP Decimator Pedal
                        Sony Wireless Systems
                        Ernie Ball Strings 52-10

www.facebook.com/evileuk

Comment

Working...
                        X