Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How screwed am I?

I got a new guitar in the mail. I pick it up and find this wound:

Now, my friends, give me the truth: How screwed am I?
    '08 Jackson Custom Shop Soloist
    '09 Jackson Custom Shop Soloist
    '09 Fender Stratocaster American Deluxe Fatstrat
    '12 Charvel ProMod SoCal Japan
    '17 Gibson Les Paul Classic
    '13 Gibson M-III
    Taylor 214CE
    Dean 6-string Bass
    Morgan Ukulele

Is that you CS soloist? Looks like it took a bump to the headstock. It could just be the pain that cracked. Wood will flex, paint will flex but far less than wood.

Comment

It's a 2004 SL-1 I bought used. The ad said mint condition. I managed finally to get in touch with the man I bought it with. He told me it was in perfect condition when it left the house.

If it's just the paintjob, maybe I could send it to Mike Learn. Get a new finish. Is that a good idea?
      '13 Gibson M-III
      Taylor 214CE
      Dean 6-string Bass
      Morgan Ukulele

Comment

Yeah, because that will be cheap. I would say that the shipper should have insured it. Take it up with him.

Comment

Was it in a case? Is the chipped paint still in the case? Is there a similar mark on the other side? If not it looks like it got smacked right in that spot by the binding and fractured the paint there. Did this package have to go through customs? Ive heard of them opening up guitars and damaging them and putting them back in the case as if nothing happened. If theres no paint chips in the case then it got damaged outside of the case either before or during shipping (customs search). Id be pissed either way, File a claim or something.

Comment

That would make me sick to my stomache. Hope it gets resolved quickly for you.
            Good suggestions above.
            'Howling in shadows
            Living in a lunar spell
            He finds his heaven
            Spewing from the mouth of hell'

Comment

The case could be easily opened. It wasn't locked and the guitar was shipped in just its case. If someone at a postoffice wanted to try it, they could just pick it up and play. Haven't found any pieces in the hardcase. When I got it I thought someone is trying to fool me. I tried to call him, but didn't reach him. Then I tried to mail. He replied to the mail and gave me his new number, so he seems honest (to my great surprise!). I'm going to have a talk with the postoffice tomorrow.
              '13 Gibson M-III
              Taylor 214CE
              Dean 6-string Bass
              Morgan Ukulele

Comment

That's retarded to send a guitar in the case and not in a box. I've never heard of that before.
                He could have atleast used packing tape to mummify it for ya. And insured it atleast.
                I dont really know what to tell ya cause there's so many open ends in this one. Proceed with caution.
                'Howling in shadows
                Living in a lunar spell
                He finds his heaven

Comment

That guy needs to refund you your money and you send him the guitar back. Even if he did get insurance on it, he's not getting the money because it wasn't packed correctly in a box. Not even sure if he could get insurance on it since he didn't pack it right anyway. If you paid through Paypal using a credit or debit card, you can open a dispute with them to get your money back if the seller gives you a hard time.
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                    That guy needs to refund you your money and you send him the guitar back. Even if he did get insurance on it, he's not getting the money because it wasn't packed correctly in a box. Not even sure if he could get insurance on it since he didn't pack it right anyway. If you paid through Paypal using a credit or debit card, you can open a dispute with them to get your money back if the seller gives you a hard time.
                    Yeah Joe you are right I never thought of that.
                    It is his duty to pack it correctly, so in turn he assumes liability for it, right?
                    'Howling in shadows
                    Living in a lunar spell
                    He finds his heaven

Comment

The seller should assume liability.
                      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

When you mail stuff, in Norway, like this without putting it in a box, the seller pays an extra fee for some kind of insurance. The seller claims its the mailoffice's fault, so I'm going down to see if I can get some sense out of them.
                        '13 Gibson M-III
                        Taylor 214CE
                        Dean 6-string Bass
                        Morgan Ukulele

Comment

In my opinion, I would go with what Toejam said. Your'e going to have to eat the cost of shipping the guitar back to him (include it in a box this time.) But send it out once you get your money back from paypal. It might piss off the seller, but he's the dumbass who shipped it without a box.

If you can't find the paint chip in the case. Then either he shipped it to you like that OR somebody at the PO got it out for some 'lessons' and dropped it
                          "Yet, every little piss ant wanna' be death metal wiener will just carbon copy the next phase.." Kam Lee/Massacre

LEFTY METAL HEAD!

Comment

I'm currently chasing a shop for a missing DK1 case which they didn't disclose to me until after I'd paid for the guitar. I'm only 30 miles from it, so I could take the guitar back and demand a refund, because I think they're pissing me about.
                            Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

+1 to what Toe said.

Comment

Working...
                              X