Just scored a mint VHT 2150!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just scored a mint VHT 2150!!!!

Now a really killer rack will start to take place......

I'm gonna run a chain as such...

Marshall JMP1 - Digitech TSR24S - BBE 422A - Hush IICX - VHT 2150 - Two 4x12's for true stereo..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWN:IT&ih=018
    Last edited by vklobucar; 09-27-2008, 05:59 PM.

Dude, this could sound like a very beautiful thing!!!
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

The thing is all these years I have seen some killer pro racks and never did I even dream that I could put something like this together back in say the early 90's. I recall seeing the back page of Guitar for the Practicing Musician with all the color shots of pro rigs and just wishing...

Then all these years later, even though thank God the job (plumbing) is well paying, there have always been other needs and bills too. So you kind find yourself puttting "okay" rigs together due to financial limits and not the killer rig that you always wanted instead. That and never really being truely blown away by your great tone.

And did I mention losing interest in playing due to crap tone too?

My new mantra is save up and get the absolute best. That way you know that you will be thrilled way down the line. It willlnot come together overnight but then again neither did Rome!

No more of that...can't afford a JMP1 right now so I'll just make due with this ADA MP1 from the local pawnshop for a while.....

Damm it!!! only the best from now on...

Comment

Viktor,
        Congrats! VHT power amps are killer. I have the 2/90/2. I also have a Mesa 2:100, but I love the KT88 tone of the VHT over the Mesa, 6L6 output section.
        What a fine setup!
        Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Thanks Mates!!!!!

That was the big selling point for me, those KT88's. I recall trying out a Marshall Major with KT88's and there was great tone without a doubt but what really blew me away was the headroom.

Comment

Congratulations, the VHT 2150 is, without a doubt, the king of all power amps. I love mine.

Save up and buy a good preamp like an ENGL and you'll be amazed. I run a modded CAE 3+se and its pretty killer. I'd like something a little heavier like an ENGL 560.

Comment

Nice I never hear anything but great things about that power amp looks like your rig is going to be Killer....
              http://www.facebook.com/HairRaidBand

Comment

Sounds like a nice setup dude! Get rid of the BBE though. I had one in my rig but it sounded alot better without it. I think the BBE sounds better with solid state preamps and poweramps.
                I was diehard on the BBE, then one day I turned it off and I was amazed at how it choked off my tone, I took it out and never looked back.

You might like it though, cause every amp and setup is different. Of course tone is in the ear of the beholder, so I'm not gonna push it on you.
                You'll have to let us know how it sounds when it's complete! I'm curious to hear it.
                'Howling in shadows
                Living in a lunar spell
                He finds his heaven
                Spewing from the mouth of hell'

Comment

The BBE 422a works VERY well with the JMP-1..try it first!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

If you get a good quality preamp, yeah, the 422 isn't really needed. Hence, they work quite well with the JMP-1...

Hehe...

Comment

Well, I use the 486 and 422 BBE with 2 rigs. One has a Sanamp PSA-1 preamp, through the BBE going into a VHT 2/90/2 and the other uses a Triaxis preamp through a 422 BBE going into a Mesa 2:100. I really like the boost with the 422 or 486 installed. Again, tone is different to each ones' ears.
                      Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

John we know you don't like the JMP-1. Ironically, you NEVER sounded better than when playing thru my Marshall rack. You can stop ragging on good players that know tone that love 'em.. I won't be getting rid of mine anytime soon..

The JMP-1 has that Marshall cut like no other rack preamp I've heard...regaurdless of subjective opinions on "quality". Many players put a stomp in front of their tube amps, adding SS circuitry in the signal path anywhoo. Rectos also have silicone diodes for clipping...so.

Marshall are not known for low end and the BBE422 helps beefs things up. I also used it in the loop of my two Marshall JCM 800 2210s ..instead of EQ's. The BBE422 is not a one size fits all unit. They do very well with 5150, Crate BVs, Marshall, Randall, and other amps I've tried them with . They sound like ass with most Recto, Uberschall, VHT, Soldano and ect. They'll let you know immediately if your rig accepts it or not.

ie., Tore Moren and Jorn Viggo Lofstad, Magnus Karlsson, Olaf Lenk are dedictaed JMP-1 users, to name a few. Awesome players with awesome tone IMO!

Whatever works for you..whatever makes you play your best. No matter if its an all tube boutique or SS amp.

Comment

Enjoy the VHT, they are very nice power amps. Those and the old school Riveras are my favorites, but then again, I am a Rivera man.

Comment

Ah... forged from the fires of Mordor... Driven be the winds of...Ok...
                            enough of that shit... but im with ya!

This is how you feel playing thru a VHT Rig !!

Comment

Originally posted by vklobucar View Post
                              Now a really killer rack will start to take place......

I'm gonna run a chain as such...

Marshall JMP1 - Digitech TSR24S - BBE 422A - Hush IICX - VHT 2150 - Two 4x12's for true stereo..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWN:IT&ih=018
                              Jesus! Mine is heavy at 38 lbs! Better get a really high quality rack
                              case for that beast!

Comment

Working...
                              X