Tubeworks Mosvalve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tubeworks Mosvalve

This is offered for sale locally, and I'm trying to find info on it, but I cant seem to find any.

Can anyone identify this, and give an approx. year and specs?
    It looks to me like a tube preamped SS power head, but it might be all tubed?
    The owner says he replaced 4 tubes but didnt say what size they were or what kind.

Thanks for any help you guys can give me.
    'Howling in shadows
    Living in a lunar spell
    He finds his heaven
    Spewing from the mouth of hell'

Here's a bigger pic:
    edit: he did say it was 100w, but that's all i know

'Howling in shadows
    Living in a lunar spell
    He finds his heaven

Comment

I found out that the company was bought out by Genz Benz, and I went on their site, found manuals for the old Tubeworks products, but nothing for the RT2100R. There was a manual for the RT2100 combo amp, maybe the rackmount version is similar?
      I just thought I'd post here to see if anyone was familiar with this product or not.
      I might shoot an email to Genz Benz to see if they can help.
      http://www.genzbenz.com/?fa=manuals
      'Howling in shadows
      Living in a lunar spell
      He finds his heaven

Comment

I seem to recall seeing them in magazines back in the late '80s and early '90s, but don't really know too much about them.
        Here's some reviews on Harmony Central.
        http://reviews.harmony-central.com/r...and/Tube+Works
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I have a power amp which I like. I don't know anything about the one in your picture though. My guess is that yours has a tube preamp with a solid state power amp

Comment

I was thinking the same thing, that it has a tube pre and an SS power section.
            Someone told me today that the pdf file on the GenzBenz site for the RT2100 combo is the same one for this RT2100R. The "R" meaning rackmounted version.
            Not sure if it's the case or not, but it would make sense for the missing pdf file. The RT2100 combo has 4-6L6's, so that would take the Solid State theory away.
            I'm waiting for a reply from GenzBenz, and also I'm setting up a time to check it out in person.
            I'll post any info that I find for everyone to have just in case.
            Being there's a lack of info make me want it even more. I like having odd shit in my rigs for some reason. I guess I like being unique.
            Thanks for the help guys.
            'Howling in shadows
            Living in a lunar spell
            He finds his heaven

Comment

According to the first review posted on HC, here's what it says...

"This is a hybrid amp with a tube preamp, FET power amp"

http://reviews.harmony-central.com/r...100R+Head/10/1
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

That was some good reading, thanks Joe! It appears to be a 2 channel head with two 12AX7's per side, and a SS power section.
                The seller said that he replaced 4 tubes, so it must have been the 12AX7's cause he said nothing about biasing and 12AX7's dont require it.

Slash, could you please give me your thoughts on your Tubeworks, and what features you like and dislike about yours?
                Thanks guys!
                'Howling in shadows
                Living in a lunar spell
                He finds his heaven

Comment

MOSVALVE means it has mosfet transistors for output (Solid State) and valves (Tubes) for a pre-amp. The Mosfet transistors will give you a little warmer sound than a standard transistor amplifier.

Comment

Thank you for that tid bit. I was wondering what "Mosfet" was. I've heard that word being used by someone else today also.
                    'Howling in shadows
                    Living in a lunar spell
                    He finds his heaven

Comment

Sounds quite similar to the Marshall Valvestate and ADA MicroTube series of poweramps. Better than SS, but still not quite tube.

Comment

Yeah the construction does remind me of the old Valvestates in a way. This has to be one of the first amps in the era of tube/valve technology. I haven't heard anything new from the seller, or from GenzBenz, but i did find another picture that he had posted:

Still no picture of the back of this yet.
                        Thanks for all of the help so far.
                        'Howling in shadows
                        Living in a lunar spell
                        He finds his heaven

Comment

Make sure you get it cheap. Its decent but an SS poweramp for guitar is really only suitable for home use and small jams. It can't keep up with a tube power amp.

Comment

Yeah I'm already running a Marshall 9200 poweramp, I want to build another rack to have setup for different tones other than metal. Just lookin for a different flavor basically.
                            He's asking $200 obo, I'd like to hear it first before I make an offer, but I'm not gonna pay $200, cause I can get something equal or better for that price or slightly higher.
                            'Howling in shadows
                            Living in a lunar spell
                            He finds his heaven

Comment

Originally posted by metalchurch79 View Post
                              Yeah I'm already running a Marshall 9200 poweramp, I want to build another rack to have setup for different tones other than metal. Just lookin for a different flavor basically.
                              He's asking $200 obo, I'd like to hear it first before I make an offer, but I'm not gonna pay $200, cause I can get something equal or better for that price or slightly higher.

thats a $100.00 tops power amp.

Comment

Working...
                              X