Y2KV with Floyd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Y2KV with Floyd

Has anyone heard of a Y2KV neck through Mustaine with round horn body and Floyd Rose? I came across a Custom Shop model, and I wanted to know if there were any Production ones like this:

It's in silver sparkle paint, has Mustaine's signature under the logo, and "Made in USA" is on the back of the headstock. Serial number stamped into the last fret of the ebony board is J60xx. Were the headstocks on the Production Y2KV's like this one? What do you think?
    "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
    Gotta get away from here.
    Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
    Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Yep, those were the headstocks on the production models.

That's a pretty rare beast right there.

- E.
    Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

I thought the only person who had a couple of those made with Floyds was Dave Mustaine himself.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
        I thought the only person who had a couple of those made with Floyds was Dave Mustaine himself.
        Thats what i thought......DAMN.. I wanted that guitar when i first seen it,,IIRC some dealer in Japan had the one from the DVD(cant think of the show right now) for sale some time ago.

If you have the chance to get it bro ....get it..........
        .Then trade me for my USA bolted steel Namm Warrior

MOSHON
        DAVE
        "It's because the speed of light is superior to the speed of sound that so many people look shiny before they actually sound stupid"

"All pleasure comes at someone Else's expense"

The internet is where, The men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
          That is what I have heard as well.

Mustaine sold all of his in his auctions so it might be one of the ones he owned.

Comment

That is very nice Charvel750, it has to be pretty rare also, I've never seen one w/ a floyd before. It might be a prototype for Mustaine? If I remember correctly, the Y2KV was during the very end of his relationship w/ Jackson.
            I cant really see someone ordering a CS and having Jackson put Dave's sig on the headstock. Jackson wouldn't do that w/ out the players' consent would they?

Either way, it is a nice guitar for sure and it's tastefully done! I always liked the Gibson headstock on a roundhorn, it's just classic Flying v-ism right there.
            'Howling in shadows
            Living in a lunar spell
            He finds his heaven
            Spewing from the mouth of hell'

Comment

The crotch of the V looks quite different from the production guitar too. I say you should grab it.
              Scott
              Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

I agree, that is how the Y2K's should have looked! The "V" of the body does look different, I didnt notice that at first. Maybe the floyd is throwing my vision off.
                'Howling in shadows
                Living in a lunar spell
                He finds his heaven
                Spewing from the mouth of hell'

Comment

Grab it!!!!!

Comment

Don't get me started on the Y2KV. I have one and would love to have 10 of them. It is the nicest playing Jackson I own. And to get one with the Floyd would be nice. If you have the chance to buy that then DO IT!!! Otherwise let the rest of us know who we write the check to.

Comment

Thanks, fellas, it's on the way to me now, from California. My goodness, if it was actually owned by DM, wow. No way of knowing for sure, but it could be. I'll update the thread with pics and more info once I have it in my hands. You would not believe what I paid for it, hee hee...
                      "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
                      Gotta get away from here.
                      Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
                      Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Here's a pic of mine for reference.

I agree with Stuka's comment about the "crotch" of the V being different. That may have been necessary because - on a standard Y2KV body - there isn't enough room to mount a Floyd. Looks like they compensated the body design to account for that.

And, yeah, to the best of my knowledge, only old Musty-bones himself had a Floyd'd Y2KV or two. Doesn't mean someone didn't custom order one, though. Or maybe the custom shop built a prototype before Mustaine's, and sent it out to a dealer.

Comment

Originally posted by charvel750 View Post
                          You would not believe what I paid for it, hee hee...
                          Try us....
                          Scott
                          Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by shreddermon View Post
                            Here's a pic of mine for reference.

I agree with Stuka's comment about the "crotch" of the V being different. That may have been necessary because - on a standard Y2KV body - there isn't enough room to mount a Floyd. Looks like they compensated the body design to account for that.

And, yeah, to the best of my knowledge, only old Musty-bones himself had a Floyd'd Y2KV or two. Doesn't mean someone didn't custom order one, though. Or maybe the custom shop built a prototype before Mustaine's, and sent it out to a dealer.
                            Is that my impression or the body of the Floyed Y2KV is the same as the Gibson traditional V?
                            '90 (8?) Jackson Soloist Professional
                            '97 Jackson RR1 Pile o'skulls
                            '97 Gibson Les Paul Classic
                            '92 Fender Strat scallop
                            '97 BC Rich perfect Bich
                            '99 Burns Brian May black beauty

Comment

No, the Y2KV has longer & skinnier body wings than a Gibby.

Comment

Working...
                              X