Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Learned something new about the RR1t today...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Learned something new about the RR1t today...

The bridge pickup is trem spaced.

I should have asked around here before I bought my non-trem Duncan Custom. I still went ahead and put it in and it kills though so I will keep it in there. The nice thing about it is when I'm doing bends on the b and e strings it kind of centers the string over the pole piece and gives the bend a little subtle volume boost.

GTWGITS! - RacerX

My Duncan Parallel Axis Distortion Trembucker lines up perfectly in my RR1T. A few people here have said that both the RR1 and RR1T indeed do have the same pickup spacing.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Yes, they do.
      Scott
      Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

So the bridge has an F spaced pickup even though there is no F spacing?

I'm confused..

Comment

Apparently the fixed bridge is F-spaced.

Comment

Originally posted by Brooke View Post
            So the bridge has an F spaced pickup even though there is no F spacing?

I'm confused..
            A fixed bridge need not be regular spaced. Certain Gibsons that come with either an ABR-1 or Nashville bridge are F Spaced. Gibson "modern" pickups (490T, 498T, 500T - anything ending with a T) are F spaced even though they are fitted to a guitar with a fixed bridge.

Comment

Well, I can state with 100% certainty that the bridge on my 2008 RR1t is f-spaced. The pickup that I removed was the TB-4, not the SH-4 and the SH-5 I put in is not properly spaced for the strings.

I will correct it when I get around to special ordering a chrome covered jazz/custom set.
              GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

weird because the RR1T that I had, had a normal spaced pickup in the bridge.

It was made in 2006

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
                  Well, I can state with 100% certainty that the bridge on my 2008 RR1t is f-spaced. The pickup that I removed was the TB-4, not the SH-4 and the SH-5 I put in is not properly spaced for the strings.
                  When I removed the JB from my RR1T, I'm pretty sure it was a standard-spaced SH-4. I sold it to someone on the Duncan Forum, but it did line up fine in my guitar.

Comment

I noticed that my Kelly Custom (from '93, I bought it used) has a trem-spaced TOM bridge but an SH-6 bridge pickup. The Jackson slip also said SH-6, so it's probably been there since it came from the factory. Maybe the guy who ordered it asked for it. I wonder if all SD models are/were available as trembuckers, though...

Comment

Working...
                    X