Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Jackson Custom Shop Left Handed DK1!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Jackson Custom Shop Left Handed DK1!

Hey guys:

I'm pretty damn excited, so I had to post this. I just got my first "custom shop" Jackson! It's a Left Handed Jackson Custom Shop DK1 and it kicks so much ass. I'm not going to lie, I like it better than my SL2H. It sounds more full, the neck is a little fatter, etc. It's also so classy looking with that finish (instead of my normal "everyone has one" black finish on my SL2H Soloist). Anyway, I hope you like!

sweet score! you mind me askin where you acquired such a beauty?
    My Childrens
    -------------
    Lefty Ke2 ferrari red w blk bevels
    Lefty RR1T trans black
    Lefty Sl2HT trans black
    Lefty SLSMG!!!!

Comment

I'm more than happy to tell you! Sure! (god I was lucky).

I was doing my normal browsing on Ebay to see if anything stuck out (I don't pull the trigger much anymore unless something INSANE comes along, which these days isn't happening too often). If you're a lefty, you know you have to do this to get something good (Guitar Center sucks!). All of a sudden I came across this thing one day. Here's the story:

This very cool guy Dan has decided he's going to sell every guitar he owns that is not a Gibson. He's going to take that money and spend it on new amps (he's on a tone kick). He ordered this Jackson 2 years ago and it just came in November 2007. He had it for a few months and took insane care of it, then put it up on the bay! I can't imagine how much he paid for this thing, but I bought it from him for $1,575!!!! Today's lesson: When you're bored, search Ebay once a week.

So, to pay for this beauty, I sold one of my guitars. I had a mint condition Jackson USA SL1 Soloist "gunmetal" that I didn't play too often at all (hense the "mint condition"). I would usually play my other guitars including my SL2 Soloist and my PC1's (also Kramer's, ESP's, etc.). I decided this would be the perfect opportunity to do a "swap" (buy the DK1 and sell the SL1). It worked out perfectly and now I have a DK1 added to the collection. She's so awesome, and I must admit....I like her better than my Soloist (past Gunmetal and present Black SL2H).

Comment

Cool score.... since it's a custom shop the original owner could have speced a different neck shape and that would explain why it is fatter than your SL2. The DK1 (USA Select) has the thinest neck in the Jackson line up.

Comment

Thanks a lot Slash! I had no clue! You learn something new every day!

I love it though.....it's beefy, but not 50's Les Paul Beefy

Michael

Comment

Looks awesome congrats on the wicked score.... what is the main difference between a regular dk1?? it looks like a standard trans red dk1 to me

Comment

Hey, that guitar is bass ackwards.....

J/K... Great looking fiddle!!!!

Enjoy!

A~
              All hail the 'King'
              R.I.P~ RLC

Comment

Originally posted by KBRR View Post
                Looks awesome congrats on the wicked score.... what is the main difference between a regular dk1?? it looks like a standard trans red dk1 to me

Thanks very much! Regarding the differences....good question. I'm not sure what the first owner (Dan) asked for in the custom shop, but as of yet, here's 2 things I am thinking:

1. The DK1 is supposed to have the thinnest neck on a Jackson, according to some of the guys on here. This is not the case with this custom shop. The neck is more "beefy" than my Soloist for sure.

2. The finish looks more "stained wood" than trans red to me. However, I could be wrong, you may have a point about the finish. If you saw this in person though, I'm pretty confident you would see it doesn't really look so red at all. It looks more like a piece of furniture (like a stained desk or something) than red of any sort.

I could always ask the original owner though what he asked for in this model.

Comment

I'm a lefty, so I definitely hear what you're sayin dude! I used to search ebay 3-5 times a day every day for a few years. It is hard to find nice stuff that's for sure.
                  I like your DK1 alot, but it has too many knobs and pickups for me
                  It is a beautiful axe though! Nice score man!
                  'Howling in shadows
                  Living in a lunar spell
                  He finds his heaven
                  Spewing from the mouth of hell'

Comment

Originally posted by metalchurch79 View Post
                    I'm a lefty, so I definitely hear what you're sayin dude! I used to search ebay 3-5 times a day every day for a few years. It is hard to find nice stuff that's for sure.
                    I like your DK1 alot, but it has too many knobs and pickups for me
                    It is a beautiful axe though! Nice score man!
                    Thanks a lot Metalchurch! Hey, I know what you mean by too many pickups/knobs. I don't usually mind it, but every once in a while I just want to play a very simple guitar without all of the knobs and switches, etc. That's exactly why I switch off with my Kramer Baretta a lot (nice and simple...one volume knob, one pickup, that's it...).

Comment

You have any pics of that Baretta?
                      'Howling in shadows
                      Living in a lunar spell
                      He finds his heaven

Comment

You have any pics of that Baretta?
                        You bet I do! (guys, please don't hang me for posting a non Jackson.....it's done by request!:idea

That's my Baretta named "Slimer" however I also have "Pinky" but I figured 2 pictures of a Non-Jackson on a Jackson board is enough! Haha!

Comment

Wow!! I love it man! I used to have one similar but mine was white. I should have kept that one, and I'm always regretting it. I'll find another 1H/1V Kramer again and this time I'm keepin it. I like that better than the DK1 actually! It has the exact specs I want in a guitar. Now don't get me wrong, I'm a Jackson guy by heart, and your DK1 is tits man!
                          Thanks for posting those btw.
                          Joe
                          'Howling in shadows
                          Living in a lunar spell
                          He finds his heaven

Comment

Wow!! I love it man! I used to have one similar but mine was white. I should have kept that one, and I'm always regretting it. I'll find another 1H/1V Kramer again and this time I'm keepin it. I like that better than the DK1 actually! It has the exact specs I want in a guitar. Now don't get me wrong, I'm a Jackson guy by heart, and your DK1 is tits man!
                            Thanks for posting those btw.
                            Joe
                            Ok Metalchurch.....look what you started . Now I have to post one more picture.....here's "the twins." (Pinky and Slimer):

Baretta's are TONE MACHINES. I don't know if it's because of the thick solid body (with barely any holes in it) or what....but they have the most insane, thick, metal tone (basically they're the opposite of an Ibanez). It's a shame that company went down.....Jackson "represented" the west coast of the USA back in the day, and these guys were "east coast"

Who knows what would have happened if they never went under (and don't even get me started on Gibson purchasing the name and ruining the company). I wish Fender would buy the name from Gibson.

Comment

I am in love w/ that Pink one dude!! What year are they?
                              'Howling in shadows
                              Living in a lunar spell
                              He finds his heaven

Comment

Working...
                              X