Jackson DK1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson DK1

Any owners here? How do you rate them? I could be owning one myself in a week's time. The one I'm looking at was built in 2005, so it's got the EMG 81/85 config.
    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

I have two, love them both. Excellent players, the DK1's The ebony board is sweet. EMG's sound great, but many suggest switching them around. (I'm sure sully will add to this )

Both mine were made recently, 2007 and 2008. I say go for it!
    "Some days you're the dog, other days you're the hydrant." - on the back of the business card for Bella the Pomeranian

The comments expressed here do not necessarily reflect the opinions of management.

Comment

Dk1's Are awesome!!!! I don't know why more dealer's stock them. The necks feel great.

Comment

What tonal difference should I expect with the 85 in the bridge when you swap the 81 and 85 around? I didn't like the 81 in my ex-RR24.
        Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

I love DK1 .. had one for a couple of years , wish i never sold it... necks are my fav. i like the 81 but alot of people like the 85 in the bridge , it has more bottom end and mids and less harsh high end. but its a killer guitar

Comment

I loved my DK1. Smokin' guitars, especially the necks. Didn't like the EMGs, though. They should do a run with 'cans or 'zos.

Comment

Here's some pics of my DK1's, just to show support...

"Some days you're the dog, other days you're the hydrant." - on the back of the business card for Bella the Pomeranian

The comments expressed here do not necessarily reflect the opinions of management.

Comment

Originally posted by wilkinsi View Post
                What tonal difference should I expect with the 85 in the bridge when you swap the 81 and 85 around? I didn't like the 81 in my ex-RR24.
                The 85's are a more meaty or should I say vintage sounding pickup in the Bridge...not as hot as an 81 ,but I think the 81's sound better in the neck postion for leads...man they sing!

Comment

How is the DK1 neck compared to the Soloist?
                  '08 Jackson Custom Shop Soloist
                  '09 Jackson Custom Shop Soloist
                  '09 Fender Stratocaster American Deluxe Fatstrat
                  '12 Charvel ProMod SoCal Japan
                  '17 Gibson Les Paul Classic
                  '13 Gibson M-III
                  Taylor 214CE
                  Dean 6-string Bass
                  Morgan Ukulele

Comment

Thinner and flatter.

Comment

Originally posted by shreddermon View Post
                      Thinner and flatter.
                      Thinner and flatter? Really? I just got my new DK-1 (I'm going to post pictures soon) and it's a "chunkier" neck than my SL2H soloist for sure. Also, before I received my DK1, I read this was the case (and receiving it confirmed it).

I'm not saying you're wrong, I was just surprised. Maybe necks changed from year to year? My DK1 is a 2008, while my SL2H Soloist is a 2005. Hmm.....

Comment

I know from personal experience. And you can read the neck dimensions for yourself on the Jackson website.

DK1 here: http://www.jacksonguitars.com/produc...nky%26trade%3B

SL2H here: http://www.jacksonguitars.com/produc...ist%26trade%3B

Comment

Shreddermon:

Thanks for the info on this. The DK1 I just received was a mint used custom shop and I have a feeling the custom part about it is the neck. I'm going to ask the original owner, but I believe he most likely wanted a DK1 but wanted a fatter neck (hense the custom shop part). Now this makes sense to me. I take back my previous statement about the DK1 neck vs. the Soloist neck.

Wow, and I thought the Soloist neck was thin......I can't imagine what the standard DK1 neck feels like.

Comment

which finish did you get it in? Pics?
                            Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

Comment

Thanks, Shreddermon.

I didn't know. I feeling the need for a DK1. If only I hadn't spent all my money. I just bought a Jackson Custom SHop and a Jackson SL-1.
                              '08 Jackson Custom Shop Soloist
                              '09 Jackson Custom Shop Soloist
                              '09 Fender Stratocaster American Deluxe Fatstrat
                              '12 Charvel ProMod SoCal Japan
                              '17 Gibson Les Paul Classic
                              '13 Gibson M-III
                              Taylor 214CE
                              Dean 6-string Bass
                              Morgan Ukulele

Comment

Working...
                              X