New Guitar Day!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Guitar Day!

U21528 - Trans Blue RR1T. I went to the store to get an update on my lunch break and it got delivered while I was standing there. I'm at work and don't have my camera, but I'm leaving early today so I'll grab some shots when I get home.

The flame is pretty subdued but the bookmatching is great.
    GTWGITS! - RacerX

Congrats! I love the string thru RR's.
    Scott
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Please do take pictures ! And tell us how does it play

Congrats !

Comment

Trans Blue aughta look real nice on that guitar. Lookin' forward to the pics. Congrats !
        I'm not afraid to bleed, but I won't do it for you.

Comment

Okay here are the pics, a story, and first impressions. First the pics. Some of these are crappy because they were taken under horrible light, without using a tripod, and with me still having a little shaking from the excitement!

The Guitar as case was opened at home for the first time.

The hang tag. Final inspection last Wednesday!

End-on shot of the flame.

Headstock/Logo. The flame is a lot harder to see under normal light on the headstock face. MOP logo is purdy!

Little closer shot of the body flame and bookmatching job.

Full length shot of the guitar.

I will try to take some better shots when I get weather outside that isn't threatening rain.

Here is the story and first impressions.

Literally on the day the guitar went through final inspection I went in to my dealer to get an updated ETA on when it would arrive. The guy tried to get ahold of his FMIC rep and just got voicemail. So yesterday I go to drop in to see what he managed to find out and they were paving the street in front of the store and I couldn't get in to park.

I decided to go back there today with a bud from work and say hey to my salesman as I walk in. He was busy with a customer so I walk around and check out the wall of guitars to see if they got any new stuff. I was looking at some inexpensive Ibanez neck throughs that actually look pretty decent. ($600 price range) All the sudden my salesman is coming toward me going "You will never guess what got dropped off right this second!"

I said to him, "You have to be shitting me!" and he said no. It was in a Charvel box. I popped it open and he ran and grabbed me a cable so I could plug in. As I opened the case a bunch of the people that were in the store gathered around me to drop som ooohs and aaahs. I just randomly grabbed a Randall amp and tuned it up to relative tune.

It sounds great through the clean channel with a nice ring to it and a clear midrange. The JB is a little bright on the top so I have to decide if I'm willing to live with that as the midrange is really punchy and clear. Action is a little lower than I'm used to on my Charvel Model 5, but its clean with no buzzing. I have a set of DR Black Beauties that I'm going to throw on and then I'll worry about intonation and stuff but right now I just want to play it!
          Last edited by Hellbat; 09-18-2008, 06:06 PM.
          GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

All I can say is Wow!
            "Dear Dr. Bill,
            I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

Congrats, that's a pretty slick lookin' guitar right there......I've been eyeing trans blue on the RR5 for a while, but after looking at this I may have to go with one of these instead.........
              I'm not into hell.........I just dig the soundtrack.........

Comment

Hey man, that thing is killer.
                Congrats, and enjoy it!!!!
                "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
                --floydkramer

Comment

I'm a big fan of the trans finishes and yours is gorgeous. You don't see too many of those. I've got a red one and I've yet to see another in about a year.

Comment

So this is my first ebony fingerboard guitar ever. How long should I expect the black dye to be coming off on my fingers for? Will a shot of lemon oil help clean off any excess?
                    GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Sweet guitar. Does Jackson dye their ebony fingerboards? It is true that some ebony isn't totally black and can be striped, and a lot of comanies will dye their boards to give a darker, more uniform look, but I don't think Jackson has ever. I've got two RR1Ts and a Mark Morton model... the boards looks very black and the color has never worn off.
                      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I would be extremely pissed off if Jackson used rosewood fingerboards and dyed them black. That would be venturing into BC Rich territory.
                        Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Very cool!

I've never had any black die come off on my fingers...???
                            Hardware: all black, all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
                              So this is my first ebony fingerboard guitar ever. How long should I expect the black dye to be coming off on my fingers for? Will a shot of lemon oil help clean off any excess?

Ebony when it is not dyed is actually more of a rosy color. Yup it's dyed. They have to dye it to make it black.

I've had the same thing happen with my KV2. WHen you use lemon oil more of the dye will come off on your rag.

Once the guitar reaches a certain age it will stop happening.

Comment

Working...
                              X