Choice between Dean VMNT1, or Jackson Kelly KE2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Choice between Dean VMNT1, or Jackson Kelly KE2

I just bought a Dean VMNT1 in black, and I'll be able to try it for a few days, before I make my decision, I've yet to try a Jackson Kelly KE2, but I have the choice of returning the VMNT, and replacing it with a USA kelly, could you give me some pros and cons about the kelly, and which one I'd get more value out of?

Also, any pics of your kellys would be greatly appreciated.

Originally posted by bre4dfish View Post
    I just bought a Dean VMNT1 in black, and I'll be able to try it for a few days, before I make my decision, I've yet to try a Jackson Kelly KE2, but I have the choice of returning the VMNT, and replacing it with a USA kelly, could you give me some pros and cons about the kelly, and which one I'd get more value out of?

Are you joking? You buy the KE2. Jackson simply makes better guitars.
    '08 Jackson Custom Shop Soloist
    '09 Jackson Custom Shop Soloist
    '09 Fender Stratocaster American Deluxe Fatstrat
    '12 Charvel ProMod SoCal Japan
    '17 Gibson Les Paul Classic
    '13 Gibson M-III
    Taylor 214CE
    Dean 6-string Bass
    Morgan Ukulele

Comment

I'd go for the Kelly too. Hands down. Pros would obviously be that you'd probably have an easier time sitting down playing the kelly than with the VMNT (but some people love how a V feels sitting down). I haven't played a VMNT so thats all I can say regarding playability. But, I have played a kelly and it smoked!

Comment

i have played both, the kelly is an obvious better quality guitar being US made vs the dean which is korean, but the dean is a nice guitar as well. Pros of the dean , real MOP inlays , good pickups and wood, dunlop straplocks. Cons, V sucks for sitting down , korean guitar so quailty doesn't compare to the kelly. Biggest con i can see for the jackson is Kellys are bad for neck dive, so the next big question is ... do you want a V guitar or and explorer type.. your call. the kelly is the better instrument. good luck

Comment

Not even close. KE2 by a million miles. Nay, a billion.
          All men play on 10. Never gonna turn down again.

Comment

You're the one who has to play it, you pick. I love my Kelly. Some have a problem with balance, some don't. The highest two or three frets are harder to play on then a soloist or other guitars with a generous amount of cut-a-way. If you like explorer type bodies, the kelly is top of the heap.

Pics
            Mine
            latest round
            the big show your kelly thread

Comment

No contest really. A Jackson USA Select will easily shit all over a Dean.
              Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

USA Jackson is a much better guitar. I wouldn't even put those two guitars in the same category.

Comment

Ke2

Comment

Originally posted by KBRR View Post
                    Pros of the dean , real MOP inlays , good pickups and wood, dunlop straplocks.
                    That part is a bit confusing since listing them as pros for the Dean implies the KE2 kelly lacks real MOP, good pickups and wood. The only thing the kelly lacks of those pros is the dunlop straplocks. I prefer the Schaller locks anyway and didn't mind adding them myself

Comment

Hit the Kelly, man.
                      I'm not afraid to bleed, but I won't do it for you.

Comment

kelly.
                        my best/favorite guitar easily.

Originally posted by bre4dfish View Post

i couldn't resist showing her off.
                        Last edited by BeholdTheFallen; 09-18-2008, 04:41 PM.
                        My Childrens
                        -------------
                        Lefty Ke2 ferrari red w blk bevels
                        Lefty RR1T trans black
                        Lefty Sl2HT trans black
                        Lefty SLSMG!!!!

Comment

Pro's for the Kelly:
                          -It's not a Dean
                          -It's headstock isn't butt ugly

I think that should suffice.
                          "Dear Dr. Bill,
                          I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

Working...
                          X