Vox AC30cc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vox AC30cc

I have some equipment up for sale and I was offered a trade on a Vox AC30cc It is a 2X12 combo Vox AC30CC new tubes and wharfedale speakers. My question would be how do they sound and what is there Value. I play mainly 80's METAL. Are these a good amp? Right now I am playing through a Marshall AVT 150.

Thanks
    Dogue

hmmmm, i like the sound of a vox for harder rock. throw a pedal in front it should be okay. BUT, it should use EL84 power tubes which have a very unique "distortion" characteristic. plus, the vox runs in class A - not sure if it is pentode or triode, though. it WILL break up quicker and have a totally different overdrive to it than a marshal, mesa or any other typical "metal" amp.
    GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

It's better than your SS Marshall.

Comment

i think the ac30 is like 1,200 bucks. It has a great clean sound that everbody likes, But not a metal amp so you need a pedal or a vox tone lab and will crank!
        EVh Wolfgang/frankenstein pup
        1959Epiphone les paul
        george L cables
        mxr pedals
        Engl fireball 100

Comment

The VOX is a fantastic amp. Throw the correct pedal in front of it and you can pretty much get any sound you want. Stock out of the box its a good straight up rock amp.. not metal... rock. Especially British rock.

Comment

So what pedal would you throw in front of it to get that Metal sound. I play alot of Megadeth, Ozzy, and Anthrax. Also lots of Hair Metal stuff. What about the wharfedale speakers. Are they good quality?
            Thanks Dogue

Comment

When I think of a Vox AC30, I think of Brian May and Queen, the Beetles, etc. Great tone, but not what you are looking for.

Judging by what you play, I think a Marshall is what you should look for.

Comment

Thanks for your opinions it is always appriciated.

Comment

Throw an Ubermetal pedal in front of it and you are all set.

Comment

Working...
                  X