Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you think about this piece?

I have my eyes on this one:

Do you think the relic parts will bother me? Never had a relic guitar before. F.Y.I. I haven't bought it. yet.
    '08 Jackson Custom Shop Soloist
    '09 Jackson Custom Shop Soloist
    '09 Fender Stratocaster American Deluxe Fatstrat
    '12 Charvel ProMod SoCal Japan
    '17 Gibson Les Paul Classic
    '13 Gibson M-III
    Taylor 214CE
    Dean 6-string Bass
    Morgan Ukulele

That's kinda neat! If that's anything like the Joe Strummer Telecaster, the distressed hardware is purely cosmetic and is brand new otherwise. Those reliced guitars are interesting to play because they actually feel broken in yet they aren't.
    "Dear Dr. Bill,
    I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

I don't understand the point of relic guitars.I figure buy a nice shiny new one and beat the shit out of it yourself.

Comment

I know the parts are reliced, but is the finish? That looks more like a graphic to me. Like the Bolted Steel or WW2 Bomber graphics, except that is supposed to look like a vintage car that's been left in a paddock (and shot up by punk kids) for the last 50 years. Check the chrome Jackson logo down the body - looks like it's off a Bel Air or something.

It would look cool as "found item" hanging on the wall of a 50s diner
        Last edited by VitaminG; 09-14-2008, 10:29 PM.
        Hail yesterday

Comment

one of the "rat rods" from a few years ago. i dig them from an artistic standpoint. i think that i'd almost expect it to be made of metal for a split second if i picked it up to play.

sully
          Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
          Sully Guitars on Facebook
          Sully Guitars on Google+
          Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

That's not a "relic" as such, it's a custom paintjob. Not even Fender have gotten round to putting fake bulletholes in yet! It's also very cool, I love the whole Rat Rod thing. I'd jump at it if I had the chance.

Comment

When I saw the title of this thread and that Snoogans was the last post it really got my hopes up that it was gonna be about a thing you put ganja in

Comment

I appreciate the concept and they've done a good job of it. But its not something I'd choose.
                All men play on 10. Never gonna turn down again.

Comment

Originally posted by jsuttjackson View Post
                  I don't understand the point of relic guitars.I figure buy a nice shiny new one and beat the shit out of it yourself.
                  Usually I'm like that myself, but there was something about this guitar. The Relic parts just worked so well with the paintjob. It's not just a beat up Jackson, but it's like its "part of the finish".
                  '08 Jackson Custom Shop Soloist
                  '09 Jackson Custom Shop Soloist
                  '09 Fender Stratocaster American Deluxe Fatstrat
                  '12 Charvel ProMod SoCal Japan
                  '17 Gibson Les Paul Classic
                  '13 Gibson M-III
                  Taylor 214CE
                  Dean 6-string Bass
                  Morgan Ukulele

Comment

You better rush right out and grab that one, they've only been sitting there at MZ for 3 years now. Once they hit 8 years without selling, they reach vintage status, and the price goes up.
                    Spin the black circle.

[email protected]

Comment

If the price was right I would buy it in a heartbeat. Can you get a good deal on it?

Comment

Originally posted by Shawn View Post
                        You better rush right out and grab that one, they've only been sitting there at MZ for 3 years now. Once they hit 8 years without selling, they reach vintage status, and the price goes up.
                        You beat me to it.
                        "You have a pud..your wife has a face. Next time she bitches..I'd play cock bongos on her cheeks..all four of them!" - Bill Z.
                        I just just had a sudden urge to sugga dick..! If I wore that guitar and didn't suck male genitalia..somethin' is very wrong! - Bill Z.

Comment

That is pretty cool!!!

Comment

Almost everything from an appearance point of view is subjective. Whatever floats your boat is fine enough.

Having owned countless actual vintage guitars, where the better the condition and "virgin" appearance is key? The whole "relic" thing smacks a bit of a "poser" mentality. IOW, taking some notion that "torn up" equals "tone"? It is a rediculous notion. Fake patina is fake patina. Great guitars are more about the wood under the surface, not the wood on the surface.

It has never been about looks alone, but rather if one can make music with the instrument. If phoney battle scars inspire you, by all means, go for it.

In the long run, it ain't the paint...

1fastdog

Comment

I dont like the relic job they did. There are some parts that wouldn't get that rub with time to get like that.

Now THIS is a real great relic/aged job http://www.fullersguitar.com/compone...art/Itemid,42/
                              '87 Kramer Stagemaster Custom
                              '81 Kramer Pacer Standard
                              custom made Les Paul
                              VOX Tonelab LE
                              Epiphone Valve Jr. moded!!!
                              ADA MP1
                              BBE 422A
                              Lexicon MPX-G2
                              ADA Microtube 100

AFFA
                              Support Your Local 81

Comment