Just Picked up a Line 6 JM4 Looper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just Picked up a Line 6 JM4 Looper

After anxiously awaiting the release of the Line 6 JM4 looper pedal, my local Guitar Center called me Thursday and said they were in.

Quite a nice practice tool, I must say. It has full band backing tracks in various musical styles (not popular songs, per se, just different progressions in different keys and styles), drum only backing tracks, a huge library of guitar tones, user slots to save your own tones, and multitrack recording capabilities that allow you to record your own chord progressions, or let you save yourself jamming with the backing tracks.

It has built in amp models, and a small handfull of effects options as well.

I bought it to practice lead improvisation, and am really likeing it so far. I have never used any Line 6 products before, and it took me a while to get the hang of how to use it. It does have lots of features, and I haven't cracked them all yet, but I'm getting there.

Here's the product info on Line 6's web site:
    http://www.line6.com/jm4looper/index...M4+CenterFlash

Anyone else pick one of these up?

- E.
    Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Oh come on - am I the ONLY person who got one of these?

I use it almost every night; whether just as a versitile mid-fi effect box, or jamming along to the various rhythms. Hell, I hate country, and just spent the last 10 minutes jamming along to a country backing track that was on it.

I use it to transcribe songs, too, because it has an line in that I can plug my ipod into.

Bueller? Bueller? Anyone?

- E.

Comment

Here I thought this thread was about Line 6 actually making a rack looper...

Seemed unlikely, haha... Oh well...

Comment

I wanted to get one of those but got tired of waiting for them to become available. Looks promising!

Comment

how easy is it to change the tempo on the tracks?

Comment

Originally posted by mjtripper View Post
            how easy is it to change the tempo on the tracks?
            It takes a few menu clicks, but nothing major.

You can change Key or Tempo of the jam tracks independant of one another, or simultaneously.

- E.

Comment

Working...
            X