Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question regarding tuners on New USA/cs Jacksons...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question regarding tuners on New USA/cs Jacksons...

Are the new tuners they started using in the last few years are made in China now?

I heard of people having quality issues with them. Did gotoh move their factory to China in recent years?

Are they still using the same tuners that they have been?

I heard a few things in the past but wanted to clarify.

They've been Gotohs - SG38, I believe - for as long as I can remember. Like going back at least to the early 90s, IIRC.

Not sure about Gotoh moving the factory. I've always heard they're Japanese. Never had a problem with any of mine. Not a single one.

Comment

Re:

Maybe it was the Grovers they are using now that had issues on some of the Charvels?

I am just wondering if there was any truth to a rumor I heard. Did not hear specificly they were Gotoh so maybe it was the grovers?

Comment

Sorry, I have nada about the Grovers.

Comment

The Grovers coming on the new Charvels dont have any country of origin markings on them... Ive got mine sitting right here as my neck is on its way to get finished. As for the Grovers themselves, theres nothing "wrong" with them, but being so acustomed to the Gotoh style tuners, these just feel cheap and junky... almost like theyre made out of plastic.
          Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Working...
          X