Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Guitar Day: PC-1 Back in the Stable!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Guitar Day: PC-1 Back in the Stable!

Well, after three years or so without a PC-1, I have finally added one back to the stable!

I owned a pre-Fender Chlorine PC-1, but sold it to fund the black SLATQH I bought from HuntinDoug (which I still own). I didn't necessarily regret selling teh PC-1, as I like the SLATQH, but I wish I wouldn't have had to have sold it nonetheless.

I always missed that guitar, and started yearning for one as soon as they came out with the Strat headstock.

I bought one off of ebay last week that was unplayed (trem bar and tools still sealed in bag), and it arrived today. Fit and finish are perfect, the color and quilt are better than the first one I had, and I think the neck is better as well as this one has nice low action with zero fret buzz.

One thing I noticed; I am pretty sure that my "sears headstock" PC-1 had a flame maple neck, whereas this one has a flame maple fretboard and a regular maple neck. Has my memory failed me, or did Jackson change the neck construction? If so, when?

Also, this one seems to have escaped the factory without the "headstock license" information on the back of the headstock.

The obligatory pics:

I clipped off the top horn in the pic, I know, I know...

I also like the "sunken" neck plate; I don't think my last one had that, although my memory ain't what it used to be.

Plus it arrived just in time, as I have a jam night scheduled with my buddies tonight.

It's a good day!

- E.
    Last edited by AlexL; 09-12-2008, 03:22 PM.
    Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Awesome PC1 man! Congrats! BTW, what happened to the string retainer bar?
    "The BLUES is the tonic for what ails ya."

Comment

That is a beautiful finish

I'm pretty sure they did change the neck at some point, the original ones looked like they had a more pronounced flame on them.

Comment

She's purdy.

Congrats.

Comment

That kicks all kinds of ass..

Comment

Originally posted by bonghits View Post
            Awesome PC1 man! Congrats! BTW, what happened to the string retainer bar?
            Huh - good question! There's no holes for one, so it never got installed at the factory.

I'll see if Brian McDonald can send me one.

- E.
            Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

Fuggin' gorgeous mate! Nice fiddle!

Comment

Love them PC1's!!!
                That's a nice one for sure.

To your other comment about the neck plate, yes, they have always had recessed neck plates.
                Nice feature.
                -Rick

Comment

Obvious forgery

Comment

Best bolt-on guitar made as far as I'm concerned.
                    Good deals with:
                    Metal Medal II, Tonyl11

Comment

Originally posted by AlexL View Post
                      Huh - good question! There's no holes for one, so it never got installed at the factory.

I'll see if Brian McDonald can send me one.

- E.
                      Cool. Yeah, for a second there I thought Jackson started using staggered tuners on their PC1's.
                      "The BLUES is the tonic for what ails ya."

Comment

Is it just me, or does it look like the headstock might be angled back like a pointyhead? Just an optical illusion in the pics? Or maybe that's the reason for no string retainer bar?

Comment

Gorgeous!
                          What do you mean, "I don't believe in God"? I talk to him every day.

Comment

Nice looking PC1... Love the Chlorine... My question is how in the hell did it pass 4 check off inspections and still no one saw the missing string retainer until it hit the JCF?

Comment

PC1´s are great!!

Looks nice, I always had a passion for the clorine color.

The PC1 Mocca I had and sold a few weeks ago which where pre-fender had regular maple neck with quilted fingerboard...

Congrats!

Comment

Working...
                              X