Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Troy Grady testing/comparing a shitload of amps.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Troy Grady testing/comparing a shitload of amps.

Different Amps
    No Effects
    SAME guitar
    SAME player

Really great video

http://www.troygrady.com/mov/amps.mov
    You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Very cool, thanks for sharing.
    Just one more guitar!

Comment

Fun to watch, thanks!
      Your friendly neighborhood import whore :: '08 DK2M, '08 DKMG, '03 KVX10, '94 Dinky Rev.

Comment

That's probably the most methodical, involved approach I've ever seen for amp shopping. Heck of a great way to find a new amp. Thanks for posting the link.

By the way, did you noticed that he's using a Speedloader Floyd? I thought his N4 looked a little different and then I noticed there are no tuning keys on the headstock, just open holes where the keys used to be.
        Takeoffs are optional but landings are mandatory.

Comment

Is it just me or does this guy seem totally clueless when it comes to amps? I mean, rolling back the volume on channel 4 in the Diezel is pointless when the sound you're after is probably on Channel 2 or 3. And spending all that time figuring out what standby was...

And why set up the nice microphone for recording if you're going to use the camera mic?
          Scott

Comment

very cool that someone is doing such videos but...

I hate when the folks who are demoing amps are shooting out bazillion notes in a second... jeez... I'd like to hear some simple power and open chords and long sustained notes to get some idea of the amps sound

He really digs guitar tone with a lot of top end... which is fine by me but I'd like to hear some more neutral sounding guitar/settings (not too trebly or too bassy), he managed to turn Two Rock's natural tone (really thick and bassy sounding amp) into ear shrieking Paul Gilbert type of tone.

btw. turning the volume knob down on Diezel's 4th channel isn't pointless... it's never pointless.
            "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Maybe not pointless, but you're not going to get a clean tone out of it. I guess my point was that he obviously knew nothing about tube amps, and therefore him playing a bunch of them was pointless. Especially when it's all soulless shredding.
              Scott

Comment

Working...
              X