vox satchurator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vox satchurator

Just picked one up today at guitar center-did not like it. Just sounded like i was playing in a tunnel-did not work well with my chours pedal. It has a lot of gain it is just not that full bodied gain that i thought it would be. The tone knob was either too bright or too dark. Tried it throug my clean channel, tried it through the lead channel with the gain set fairly clean. tried lots of different amp settings and i could just not get it to sound good. pulled the plug and boxed it up and is going back to gc tommorrow on my way to work. I put my boss sd1 superoverdrive back on the pedal board for now. they had a used wylde overdrive so i may try that. just want to know if anyone else has tried the vox with any different results-I so wanted to like the pedal, but i was just not feeling the sound

ok my opinion was just a little rash-i havebeen tweaking it with my sd1 in front of it and that gave it the pep it needed. i set the overdrive gain to 0 and level to 10 and tone to 5. gves it that little bright omph it needed i run them through a chours and split the signal to 2 amps one is a 5150 and 2 a spider II 75. I need to get another tube amp because the spider does not sound great but it will do until i save some money

Comment

I stopped buying Satch endorsed products when I first special ordered a Chandler Tube Driver back in the Surfing With the Alien days. I returned it in couple of days because it was a fizzy mess.

Of course that was in the days where my mentality was "every control must be dimed." I wish I had it now, if not just for the fact that it is now considered to have mojo and would probably have gone up in value.
      GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

how's the boost feature on that pedal? is it a volume boost or a gain boost?
        Sam

Comment

gain boost-it is just called more. if you set gain at 5 then hit more switch it kicks it up to 10 set the gain at 10 and it does the spinal tap thing and goes to 11.

Comment

Got a good review in Guitarist magazine. I'll stick with my DS-1, done Joe fine for long enough and was dirt cheap.
            http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steven-A.-McKay/e/B00DS0TRH6/

http://http://stevenamckay.wordpress.com/

Comment

yeah mine is going back today- will stick with my boss super overdrive

Comment

I was wondering what these pedals were going to sound like. I was really excited about them when I heard about them but after seeing some vid clips on youtube I wasn't too impressed with them and that was with Satch playing through it! I'd definately have to try one before I bought it.

Comment

I really dont see the point in "sig" anything. Satch uses a DS-1. If you think that'll get you his tone, buy that, not some new thing he's never used on a single record.
                  You like Slash? Buy any Les Paul, be it Epiphone or whatever and stick Seymour Duncan Alnico II pups in it. Or spend a fucking FORTUNE on some Gibson model that he never had any inkling of when he made Appetite.
                  http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steven-A.-McKay/e/B00DS0TRH6/

http://http://stevenamckay.wordpress.com/

Comment

1. You are running it into a spider and expecting it to sound good.
                    2. Chorus
                    3. Using it with another distortion pedal
                    4. Will wait for my own ears to decide if it sounds good....can't depend on your ears.

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
                      I stopped buying Satch endorsed products when I first special ordered a Chandler Tube Driver back in the Surfing With the Alien days. I returned it in couple of days because it was a fizzy mess.

Of course that was in the days where my mentality was "every control must be dimed." I wish I had it now, if not just for the fact that it is now considered to have mojo and would probably have gone up in value.
                      These were good, but I believe there were different versions. I think there was the chandler and the bk butler or something and one sucked and the other was awesome....I can't remember. or maybe there was an overlap as well. I remember having one and it was good and another that was a fizzy mess. Eric Johnson used them too.

Comment

dumped the spider for another 5150
                        only tried with the overdrive once-it did not sound good by itself either
                        i would not depend on your ears either

Comment

The BK Butler tube drivers were the good ones. A friend of mine has one and loves it.
                          The "other" non bk butler ones were made in china or some where over seas and arent as good.
                          Gil

Comment

Originally posted by MartinBarre1 View Post
                            You like Slash? Buy any Les Paul, be it Epiphone or whatever and stick Seymour Duncan Alnico II pups in it. Or spend a fucking FORTUNE on some Gibson model that he never had any inkling of when he made Appetite.
                            It's funny cos Slash's main guitar to record Appetite was an LP-copy, not even a real Gibson. So the best Slash LP would be to find that luthier that made that original one...
                            "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

Originally posted by MetalMedal II View Post
                              It's funny cos Slash's main guitar to record Appetite was an LP-copy, not even a real Gibson. So the best Slash LP would be to find that luthier that made that original one...
                              His guitars cost a mint...as do various hand made replica '58s and what nots by reputable builders.

Comment

Working...
                              X