Solo boost..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solo boost..

What are some pedals you guys use to boost up on during your solos?? My solos can't always be heard during the songs etc...
    I love admins!

I use an EQ in the effects loop with a boost at the 1.6K range.
    http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Napalm View Post
      I use an EQ in the effects loop with a boost at the 1.6K range.
      same here
      Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
        same here
        I think I learned that from this board. Could have been you.
        http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

If ya want a volume boost for leads. You need to run either an EQ pedal in the loop or a volume pedal in the loop. If you run anything into the front end it will just saturate and over drive the amp more. Not giving you the volume boost you seek.
          Gil

Comment

I have used the EQ in the loop in a few different rigs as well a few different distortion pedals. Right now my Digitech RP14 has a decent compresseor that gives me the boost I need.

Comment

Lil Alligator volume pedal in the loop. This way I can have solo boost and I can vary the boost for fills. It doesn't color my sound at all and its completely silent.

Comment

I'd REALLY like to try the MXR clean boost...

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Napalm View Post
                  I think I learned that from this board. Could have been you.
                  I'm not that original. I'm sure I ripped the idea off someone else here too
                  Hail yesterday

Comment

I use a EQ, specifically an MXR 10 band (M-108).

Comment

Boss GT10 in 4-cable-method.

But that's overkill if you just want the boost, so +1 on the EQ in the loop.
                      http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

I always used a Boss GE7 pedal in the loop of my Marshalls,,,worked great. For my current amp, which I'll have for the rest of my life - SLO100,,,,can't use a pedal with the loop. I now use a Gmajor in the loop and every preset can be at a set volume. Works great, and extremely transparent. I now get my appropriate effects, volume, and amp channel with one stomp.....NO DELAYS while switching. I couldn't be happier. It's like having a midi amp head!

Comment

I use the "Global Attack" section of my El Diablo. It's like a footswitchable upper-mids presence.
                          Scott

Comment

If you've got an older amp that you can't do the EQ trick on, a Treble Booster can be very effective. There a number of decent ones out there, pretty much all clones of the Dallas Arbiter Rangemaster.

Comment

Originally posted by Mickey_C View Post
                              If you've got an older amp that you can't do the EQ trick on, a Treble Booster can be very effective. There a number of decent ones out there, pretty much all clones of the Dallas Arbiter Rangemaster.
                              The Z Vex SHO works well for this too.

Comment

Working...
                              X