Any Jackson Pod Users?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Jackson Pod Users?

Hey just wondering if any of you Jackson\Charvel users play through any sort of line 6 Pod?

Personally I think they're fantastic, atleast for home playing and recording, not sure about gigs though.

I've only rented an Xt but I will be buying the X3 soon!

yuh i practice through my pod , the distorted lead tone is pretty awesome and so is the metal rhythm tone.

however im not too impressed with the clean sound . ive used it at gigs before through a pa system and it takes a while to get it to sound good ,

but as a practise tool its good i just wouldnt use it at a gig if i had the choice
    Say, I smell bacon.Does anyone else smell bacon?
    Yeah, I definitely smell a pork product of some type.

Comment

My buddy records all his stuff with his POD XT, and it sounds pretty damn good.

Live..Eh..
      Originally posted by horns666
      The only thing I choke during sex is, my chicken..especially when I wanna glaze my wife's buns.

Comment

When I'm in the corporate apt in Nashville I use a POD 2.3. It gets the job done.

Comment

i use my POD 2.0 in a lot of the studio sessions i do. sometimes i bring amps too, but MOST of the time, the artist is on a budget - both time and money - so the producer or engineer will just have me use the POD - saves A LOT of time from picking mics, playing with positioning, room sizes, gobos, etc. i have done a few sessions where the engineer will mic a house amp that he knows VERY well and he will blend that with the POD using a distribution box. that happens mostly for clean and low gain sounds.

if i am called in to do a hi-gain thing, 8 out of 10 times the engineer will just have me use a line 6 product - amp farm, a POD....especially if we are recording to pro-tools. even if we aren't, sometimes i just record 100% direct through a direct box, but i monitor through a POD. that allows the engineer to go back later and pick the best guitar sound for the recording (re-amping - it's pretty awesome!!).
          GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

I use my POD 2.3 for practicing at home, recording demos, and monitoring while recording tracks for my bands album (reamping = really really awesome).

I wouldn't even think of using it live.
            http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

I run my XTRR into my XTLive into my "Seymore Duncan Orange" amp...I just used the heads power section...Into the loops return...Use it live all the time as well as recording...
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

I use a pocket pod with headphones for practising. Doesn't sound spectacular, but it was only 60 quid and it'll get the job done at uni.
                Why so serious?

Comment

I've got an XT Live and a UX-1...I tend to just use the Eruption patch with the amp, stomp and delay on though, it's my high-gain tone of choice. For cleans I just turn off the amp and stomp. The Line 6 stuff is great for DI, mics are such a hassle!

Comment

I've had every one up to and including the XT. Great little units. I currently use the POD Pro in the effects loop of my Mesa's -- for effects only.

Comment

use a pod xt live for almost all my home recording-never use live unless i am sitting in thorugh someone elses rig-then i just rub it through the effects loop return and use it as a pre amp. it sounds great either way.

Comment

Does anyone have experience with the pocket POD? I've been looking at it and I may get it but I'm wondering what you guys think first.
                        "Dear Dr. Bill,
                        I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

I have the pocket pod too...I never use it...Just falls too short for me...
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

The one thing that kept me away from the pocket pod was the fact I couldn't use gearbox and upload my own patches from the toneport up to it. When Line6 releases a pocket pod that does that then I'll eat the pudding.
                            GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Originally posted by Ben... View Post
                              Does anyone have experience with the pocket POD? I've been looking at it and I may get it but I'm wondering what you guys think first.
                              Depends what you want it for. For your main piece of equipment... look elsewhere.

I think it's great for headphone practise, and for taking round with you so you can get a decent sound through whatever you happen to be given to play on the odd occasion you don't use your own amp. The price is certainly right.

The patch editing software is great, editing on the unit itself is a bit lacking but the software opens up a load of extra options. The most useful feature is the presence control, it's set to zero on all the patches and when you turn it up they improve a lot.
                              Why so serious?

Comment

Working...
                              X