No announcement yet.

Perfect amp for Acapulco Gold Jacksons!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Perfect amp for Acapulco Gold Jacksons!

I was struggling to come up with something that would look as hot as the Acapulco Gold Jackson Soloist, but I finally cooked it up.

A blue-green-gold color shifting "Dragon-Hide" covering, that has the same effects, is tough as nails, and looks bad-assed too!

What do you think? Nice match?

Click on any picture (and if I did this right) you can see it super-large close-up. I wish you could see it in person with the guitar, it's just nuts how good they look together. The power-scaling, vintage hot-rod marshall tones, combined with this guitar is awesome too, of course!

Yup, a very nice match!

Comment

killer combo...I remember from another thread that you manufacture them....can you tell me more about about the 45 vs the new 2204ps thats on the website...

Comment

Thanks for the compliment!

The 45 is a revamp of the vintage JTM45 - with integrated power scaling and an all tube FX loop. It also has a Fat-Boost foot-switch that gooses the overdrive for a hot-rod JTM45 tone. It's a 32w amp (though the power scaling is variable - so actually it's a 200mw to 32w amp). These amps have dual solid state and tube rectifiers, that can be switched on the fly.

The 2204ps is a revamp of the original vertical input JCM800 50W - also with integrated power scaling and a tube FX loop. The 2204ps FX loop can be footswitched in/out, and can be used to setup a second channel sound for the 2204ps - as it's also a gain stage (can be run with a 12AX7 tube). It also has an improved bootstrap master, that eliminates most of the issues with the original JCM800 master (giving better sounds at low volumes) and includes a sustain control. Another difference is the 2204ps uses a solid state rectifier (just like the originals).

It's a really great match for a Jackson, of course, if you're into the JCM800 tones.

The power scaling lets you dial in the power tube crunch tones at any volume level - so you could use your 50W amp in a small studio, or even your bedroom for late night rehearsal.

I am taking a number of these amps, including a 2204ps stack in black crocodile to the LA Amp Show next month!
        Last edited by Mickey_C; 09-04-2008, 10:57 AM.

Comment

This is an example of the black crocodile and grill cloth we're putting on the 2204ps for the show ( you can click it for a larger image) :

Comment

thanks for the explanation...just wondering how you find the clean tones on the on the 2204ps??

Comment

It's about as clean a JCM800 can get. It's not fender clean, if that's what you're asking. I like Marshall style clean tones, but that's not everybody's bag. The 45ME3 above (or any vintage style JTM45) can get cleaner, for sure: 45ME3 Clean Clip but still be able to overdrive great by itself without pedals thanks to the power scaling: 45ME3 fusion clip.

If you want an amp that does great crunch, up to Van Halen i & II level, but can clean up nice, you should be looking at a plexi. I make one of those too (the 1987ps Superplexi).

I think that most people tend to get an amp with more distortion than they really need, and end up fighting mush trying to get back dynamic range. IMHO the 4 input plexi is the best all around rock amp. It can actually go from clean to crunch just using your volume knob.

Comment

I didnt see the 1987ps on your site (until you mentioned it)..but thats what I am looking for...Thanks again

Comment

Working...
                X