Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ...and the AT-1 arrives!

This guitar was a pain to get.

Won it on ebay 2 weeks ago. Had to wait for the seller to come back from his honeymoon. Had the chance to pick it up yesterday.

The trip was supposed to take 2.5 hours to the sellers place and back. Thanks to national rail it took 9.5 hours. Amazing!

...but its worth it!

I love the neck! Its so comfy. Nearly as thick as my V-type but the fingerboard is a lot wider. So much easier to play.

I want another already!
    If your mum stabbed ya you wouldnt get upset... You would say ' Ohhh shit mum stabbed me! I better go to a hospital'. - Chopper

Very nice. Looks dead mint.

Comment

Looks fantastic, I like that green color!
      I remember seeing it on ebay some weeks ago and it sure caught my attention already back then!!

Congrats!

Comment

Very sweet! i have been one the lookout for a trans black one for a while . but that green looks awesome congrats

Comment

Guitar leaning against a radiator... is it turned on?
          Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Cheers guys!

What do you think Wilkinsi? It is there for the 'family shot'. Narmally it waits in a case to get refinished .
            If your mum stabbed ya you wouldnt get upset... You would say ' Ohhh shit mum stabbed me! I better go to a hospital'. - Chopper

Comment

I like that one! Sure is nice, especially the chrome pup rings and all the other chrome against the Green body. Looks like there is a crack in the neck pocket, was that there before you bought it?

I like that Strat with the Jackson neck, what exactly is that? I love the look of that thing!

Congrats and enjoy!!
              'Howling in shadows
              Living in a lunar spell
              He finds his heaven
              Spewing from the mouth of hell'

Comment

Thanks Metalchurch. Its not accually a crack. That line is the line between the maple top and the mahogany. Just the finishes overlaping.

And that Strat is a 92 Dinky Export. I'm planning to buy some flamed maple veneer and refinish it sometime. All i need is some motivation

Here is a photo of it before i took its guts out ;

Comment

Ok that's a relief then, cause it appeared to be a crack to me @ first.
                  I do like that Dinky alot, and I've been wanting to do another Strat body project and I think that your guitar has given me the inspiration to do it.
                  I think that I'm gonna go Bare body,Bare headstock w/ either a black Jackson logo, or a black Charvel toothpaste logo. And probably black harware and a black pickguard, 1 hum, 1vol.

Please post photo's when you are done with it ok, I'd love to see it!

(I'm writing down what I just typed for my project idea so I don't forget it, this one is gonna be a winter project due to the lack of painting I'd have to do.)
                  'Howling in shadows
                  Living in a lunar spell
                  He finds his heaven
                  Spewing from the mouth of hell'

Comment

If it helps thats what it originally looked like;

Comment

Nice guitar there mate!

Comment

Cheers.

Another JCFer from Northampton! Nice!

Comment

How are those Peavey V-Types? I've never tried one but I've seen them at local shops for pretty decent prices. I was thinking of getting one but I decided not to.
                          "Dear Dr. Bill,
                          I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

Originally posted by Ben... View Post
                            How are those Peavey V-Types? I've never tried one but I've seen them at local shops for pretty decent prices. I was thinking of getting one but I decided not to.
                            I love the Vtype. I dont think you can get a better deal at that price range. If you change the stock pickups you'll have a great player for an amazing price.

Try it out sometime.

Comment

Working...
                            X