Best Delay Pedal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Delay Pedal

I currently don't use any effects, but feel that I should add a Delay pedal to my set-up.

What's the best Delay or Delay/Reverb pedal on the market? Maybe the top two?

My gear is listed in my sig if that helps any.

Thanks!
    13' Gibson Les Paul Trad Pro ii - Alpine White
    05' Gibson Les Paul Classic - Ebony
    USA Jackson SL-2
    USA Jackson SL-1
    Peavey Valveking ii 20MH
    Marshall 1965A 4x10
    Marshall 1960AV 4x12

I like the analog delays, I just got the new MXR Carbon Copy and I like it very much.
    Charvel 7308 (TMZ 008), Charvel Pro-mod (yellow), Jackson Soloist Custom (Yellow), Jackson SL2H-V Natural, Gibson LPS DB, Gibson LPS EB, Gibson LPCC C, Charvel Model 2 (scalloped), Jackson DK2M (white), Charvel Journeyman, Fender Classic Player 60's strat, Carvin C66, Musikraft strat mutt, Warmoth Strat mutt, Fender MIM Jazz bass, Epiphone Classical, Takamine parlor. Marshall 2203, Marshall JVM 210H, Splawn Nitro, Fender Supersonic 22, Line 6 AX2 212, Marshall 4X12.

Comment

I'm really digging the TC Electronic Nova delay I have. I like it better than any delay I've ever had and I've had a bunch!

Comment

try the delay kit from guitar gadgets. clone pedals are better in most cases but you need to know how to solder.

Comment

It's not a pedal, but the Roland RE-201 Space Echo is the best delay box ever. Anyone who has one or used one knows. Randy Rhoads even had one. (there is also a Boss pedal version of it). Both are quite expensive though.

http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trk...All-Categories
          sigpic

Comment

I'm gigging with the Boss DD-2 I bought *used* back in 1992. I prefer that or a DD-3 to the newer versions, although I've read reviews of the DD-7 stating that it has recaptured the warmth of the old ones. I like the Boss delays because you can get a slight volume boost out of them for leads. Absolutely essential to my rig.
            sigpic

Comment

Eventide Timefactor.

http://www.eventide.com/AudioDivisio...imeFactor.aspx

Comment

I've got a Yamaha UD-Stomp that's pretty much the last word in modulation effects (it has 8 completely independent delay lines!), and in terms of versatility and sound quality it is the best I've tried.

Comment

I just run a Line 6 POD Pro in my loop. Great delay, and everything else.

Comment

Visual Sound H2O, which also has chorus. No reverb, though.

Comment

Depends what you want to use it for. My "go-to" recommendations are the Electro-harmonix deluxe memory man (although if you're in America the MXR Carbon Copy is probably better value - it costs more than the memory man over here) and the Line 6 DL4 (you hear a few horror stories about reliability, but it's a great sounding pedal).

EDIT: 100th post, feel privileged.
                      Why so serious?

Comment

Originally posted by randyrhoadsguitar View Post
                        It's not a pedal, but the Roland RE-201 Space Echo is the best delay box ever. Anyone who has one or used one knows. Randy Rhoads even had one. (there is also a Boss pedal version of it). Both are quite expensive though.

http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trk...All-Categories
                        201's are the coolest delay out there, but not the best imo! RE-501's are just a little more hifi and have the same lovely tapebrain up the top. I'm lucky enough to have both at my disposal, and if it wasn't for the broken reverb (anyone got a spare tank?) on the 501 it'd be glued to me! Still have to find a 301 to complete the set though

That said, the 201 is an absolute classic, nothing looks AND sounds like it.

Comment

Take a look at a Diamond Memory Lane.

Comment

T Rex Replica.

Line 6 Echo Park.

Two totally different price points but two great delays.

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
                              Visual Sound H2O, which also has chorus. No reverb, though.

YES. The H2O is amazing, money well spent, use mine all the time.

I dislike the real bizarre/fake sounding delay stuff, but to each his own.

I also have the Ibanez AD9 (Keeley modded reissue) which is very nice analog delay too. Doesn't have the mega 10 second delays, but very natuaral sounding.

A nice delay, even subtle, is a great addition to your sound.
                              Last edited by Larz; 09-02-2008, 08:26 PM.
                              Jackson KV2
                              Jackson KE1T
                              Jackson KE1F
                              Jackson SL1

Comment

Working...
                              X