Rackmount EQ options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rackmount EQ options

I have been reading the old threads in here about getting a good tone out of a JCM 900 SL-X and I have decided to try running an EQ through the effects loop to see what I can do with that. I was thinking of getting a MXR KFK 10 channel EQ stomp box but would rather get something that I can rackmount. I have a Furman PL-Plus sitting in a 4U rack that needs company. Any recommendations? I would like to stay in the 150 - 300 dollar range.

I have an Alesis stereo digital rack eq and have been really happy with it. I think the model is DEQ230 . You can set up presets on it easily, so its very versatile.
    I'm not afraid to bleed, but I won't do it for you.

Comment

BBE in the loop plus some E34L power tubes and you got balls!
      www.myspace.com/demonboundmusic

Originally posted by Endrik
      the more you masturbate the less you need to bang the hottest chicks

Comment

u sed a furman parameteric for a while. can't remember the model. then i had a tc electronic parametric, after the furman. they were pretty cool, but it was very easy to get a bad tone too. now i don't use anything but the amp and i am happier.
        GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

I used to run a DOD SR-831Q Rackmount EQ. It was an older unit (1997) and it did it's job well.
          The only draw back was that it was 31 bands, which was too much. I sold it, so I'm pretty much in the same boat as you right now. I'd like to find a decent 15 band mono rackmount EQ.

I'll probably check in on your post, to see what these guys suggest to you, so I can get an idea myself.
          'Howling in shadows
          Living in a lunar spell
          He finds his heaven
          Spewing from the mouth of hell'

Comment

Check for a high end older unit on ebay or your local used gear store.Thats where I find some great deals on rack gear.
            Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Are either of these a good option?

http://www.behringer.com/DEQ2496/index.cfm?lang=ENG
              http://www.behringer.com/FBQ1502/index.cfm?lang=ENG

Comment

Those behringer EQ's are ok but not very solid, hyou might pick up an old DOD EQ, or you could get a samson EQ 31 band EQ...

Comment

Rane is a good parametric EQ is always a good show and can be had for pretty cheap.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Rane-Parametric-...QQcmdZViewItem
                  Insert annoying equipment list here....

Comment

Working...
                  X