Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Randall Amp Survey....

Hi All....

I am trying to get some opinions on the new Randall Amps, I have checked out some of the modules that are available, but not all of them so I thought some of you may have played through the amps and have your own opinions that could help me to make a decision about the Randall Line here in Northern California.... I have to say, I like the KH-2 & KH-3 modules, but the Mr. Scary is the tone that is pulling me in!

Your opinion matters to me! Tell me what you think!
    Shibs

Two Reasons Why It's So Hard To Solve A Redneck Murder:

1. The DNA all matches.

2. There are no dental records.

From what I´ve seen of the modular stuff I wouldn´t hesitate buying a RM100... if I needed that extreme versatility, which I don´t. The quality seems to be there, and I´ve yet to try a module that sounds bad. Personal favorites include the Ultra, SL+, DLX and Mr. Scary.

Comment

I have an RM100 with several of the MTS modules. My favorite high gain tones are the XTC, SL+, and Mr. Scary. I don't own but heard the KH modules at NAMM back in January upon their release and they sound good too. Also remember that there is a big market for modifying these modules. Pete who used to post here on JCF does theis and I had him mod an extra XTC and SL+ for me Very cool amp!
      Rudy
      www.metalinc.net

Comment

I have a RM100 that I tried to sell a few times, but I could never seem to let it go because its so versatile. My favorite high gain modules are Ultra and XTC. If it had 1 more slot for a total of 4 channels, it would be perfect.

Comment

Now they have (or may have always had) a rack mount amplifier that works in conjuction with a 4 slot preamp rack, I have been thinking about setting up a rack mount with two of the Preamp racks to give me 8 different channels, a friend of mine provides this set up in his studio, it's versital and sounds great.....
          Shibs

Two Reasons Why It's So Hard To Solve A Redneck Murder:

1. The DNA all matches.

2. There are no dental records.

Comment

Originally posted by lhrocker View Post
            I have a RM100 that I tried to sell a few times, but I could never seem to let it go because its so versatile. My favorite high gain modules are Ultra and XTC. If it had 1 more slot for a total of 4 channels, it would be perfect.
            Those two modules are great. A friend of mine has several modules, and also the rack power amp. If I hadn't already bought all the rack preamps and power amps I need, I'd probably have gone with Randall.
            sigpic

Comment

I like the KH-2 and KH-3. Two is like classic metal, think master of puppets. Three is real modern high gain.

Comment

Those are great modules, you should add a brahma and a blackface to that list.. If you play tele's at all you'll be glad you did!

Comment

I have never heard the brahma. Whats it sound like?

Comment

I have an RM4 and RT250 rack combo (preamp and poweramp) with the Clean, Plexi, Mr. Scary and Ultra modules. All are great sounds. Owned the Recto, Deluxe, Top boost and XTC also, these were cool but just not me. Love the mix and match, change your mind about a tone ability these things give you.

Comment

I just picked up a 1086 on Ebay. Really looking forward to hearing it. They sound pretty slick from what I have heard. Very modern high gain similar to the KH-3

Comment

Working...
                      X