What should I expect to pay for a used WR1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What should I expect to pay for a used WR1

What should I expect to pay for a used WR1 in excellent to mint condition?

I am thinking of picking one up down the road and don't know what to expect.

Well, if your buying it from a shop, probably more than you could get one otherwise, but mint, i don't see why it wouldn't or couldn't be close to the price of a new one...15 to 17 hund.
    Or wait it out and search for a month or months, and get one for 14 hund.

Comment

Mine was 1500$ shipped and I live in the UK
      Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Was that the Nebula? Wanna sell it? NM, it would cost an arm and a leg to ship it across the pond lol.

Comment

Yup, the Nebula. NO, it's not for sale.
          Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Originally posted by wilkinsi View Post
            Mine was 1500$ shipped and I live in the UK
            Same on my mint bolted steel (and judging from your want list wilkinsi, we are both exceptionally pleased with the WR1. Though I'll be swapping out the stock pups soon). However, plain black and such should be closer to $1300 or so I believe.

Last edited by Medisinyl; 08-30-2008, 12:18 AM.

Comment

I've got first dibs on a used Custom Shop Warrior, IF and WHEN the guy wants to sell it. Not sure what $ he wants for it yet.
              Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

Comment

I got mine for $1000 shipped in 2003. Worked out about £700 then. I bought it from a dealer in Texas. As new!!!
                Gun metal grey and oiled finished neck (best neck I've ever played except perhaps the Ibanez wizard).

I still havent swapped out the shitty invader bridge pick up though. I might leave the full shred in but possibly not.
                I'm toying with the idea of Bare Knuckles (Nailbomb and Cold Sweat) or maybe a DiMarzio X2N and Evolution.
                All men play on 10. Never gonna turn down again.

Comment

Hey Mazrim, give the Evolutions a shot. I've got 'em in one of my WR1's and they sound great.

Hey Simon, do tell about the CS you've got your eye on !
                  I'm not afraid to bleed, but I won't do it for you.

Comment

So the Invader sounds like shit or what?? Is there no good things about it, is it muddy, too treble???

Comment

Originally posted by Phantom Hawk View Post
                      No guarantee he'll definitely sell it. He's on a different forum and it's one of those customs from the namm show but I'm not sure what it's called.
                      Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

Comment

Originally posted by Phantom Hawk View Post
                        Hey Mazrim, give the Evolutions a shot. I've got 'em in one of my WR1's and they sound great.

I have Evolutions in other guitars. The Warriors bridge should be bastard loud to match its looks. Evo's are hot but not molten.
                        The best results with Evo's, in my opinion, is in Basswood guitars. I put one in an RG550 and it absolute slays.

Comment

Originally posted by Torgreen View Post
                          So the Invader sounds like shit or what?? Is there no good things about it, is it muddy, too treble???
                          I might be being a little harsh on it but it just has no charm at all. Fizzy, muddy and lacking any real dynamics. Loud, yes. But its sucks so why would you want to hear more of it?

I really like SD's but the Invader is an epic fail.

Comment

Well I got one WR1 coming, so I just wanted to know but I quess that I will be able to judge myself soon..

Comment

Which finish? Remember to post pix.
                              Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

Comment

Working...
                              X