Amplitube!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amplitube!

Is anyone using Amplitube for their recording? I'm kind of wondering how it is compared to a line6 flextone II running direct. The line6 stuff is way to fizzy for me. Any other suggestions would be welcomed as well.

Thanks.

Marc

I hated Amplitube. What a horrible piece of software. Some of the sounds were good but damn it was designed poorly. Take a look at ReValver from Peavey if your looking for software based modeling. They acquired the company that was making it and added some Peavey stuff for version III. I think it sounds better as well.
    http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

I use a Sansamp and real amps Fender Princeton Reverb or Fender Pro Jr. I also have Amplitube and Izotope Trash that I got in a bundle with Ozone . Ozone is a great mastering tool and I highly recommend it.

Comment

Tried the first inception of it, and hated it. Very noisy, and wouldn't sit right in the mix. All around crap, in my opinion.
        I'm not Ron!

Comment

Wow, thanks for the input guys. Sounds like it sucks.

Comment

I use Guitar Rig 2 and 3. I think it kicks the shit out of anything I have ever put together in a rig, especially when i have to use it low volume, and I can put it on a laptop and use it live.

Comment

Originally posted by Burn View Post
              I use Guitar Rig 2 and 3. I think it kicks the shit out of anything I have ever put together in a rig, especially when i have to use it low volume, and I can put it on a laptop and use it live.
              I'm in the same boat. Just came up on guitar rig 3 a week or two ago.
              Used the first incarnation on my old laptop.

Comment

I have some version of Amplitube and Guitar Rig and never really liked either. For low volume recording I use my regular rig plus one of these
                Works pretty well for me
                http://www.myspace.com/chriswestfallguitar

Comment

Mick Mars used some sort of modeling software on crues last cd. No amps just that software according to him. How many people can really tell??

Comment

Originally posted by Chief View Post
                    Mick Mars used some sort of modeling software on crues last cd. No amps just that software according to him. How many people can really tell??
                    I guess I can. The first time I listened to the new Crue disc, I literally thought to myself "Wow, Mick's tone sounds damn artificial on this record. I wonder if he used a Vetta or some modelling software." And, sure enough, later I read a GW interview where he confirmed it.

I love Mick's playing and there's nothing wrong with modelling stuff. Heck, I have a GT-10, and use a lot of the modelling pre-amp patches in it. But don't fool yourself that people - mostly other guitarists - can't tell. Many can.

Comment

Mick used Eleven the new Digidesign plugin. His tone isn't terrible on the new disc, but it isn't jaw dropping either.
                      ...that the play is the tragedy, "Man"

Comment

I tried out Amplitube and I liked it way more than Line6's TonePort. I think it sounds way better. I didn't do a lot of tweaking, though, so I can't comment on the user interface.
                        I mostly use my Boss GT Pro for modeling when I go through my computer.

Comment

Toneport sounds like a toaster oven compared to Guitar Rig.

Comment

Originally posted by Burn View Post
                            Toneport sounds like a toaster oven compared to Guitar Rig.
                            I never tried guitar rig. You like it? I pretty much don't like anything Line6 produces, everything I've heard sounds like crap to me. I just use my TonePort as an AD/DA converter now.

Comment

I tried Amplitube last night, and was able to get some pretty good tones out of it. I like it better than the line6 shit.

Comment

Working...
                              X