Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FYI: Genz Benz amps.... :O(

Hey guys,
    Just thought I'd pass along this info incase anybody is thinking of getting one of these. I was down at my local store today and they just got in this Genz Benz half stack yesterday. I keep wanting to say that it was a Diamond Head but I'm not sure on that. I know that it wasn't the Black Pearl. Anyway we powered it up and within about 2 minutes ,literally, we heard a big pop and it completely lost all power! We felt the top of it and it was EXTREMELY HOT! Needless to say it's going back to the factory. Bad thing is that this is only the 2nd head they've had and the 2nd one that has crapped out on them..... I wouldn't trust one with a track record like that. I personally thought the tone sucked as well but it was only on a couple minutes and considering the amp crapped out then I may not have been hearing it's actual tone.

I've had an El Diablo combo for a year now and use it in a band situation every week. No problems yet except for some worn out tubes. It does get quite hot, but I've never used a tube amp that didn't.

Maybe your store just got a bad batch.
    Scott

Comment

Could be...

Comment

Maybe it was actually an EVH 5150III in disguise

Comment

Originally posted by slash-ed View Post
          Maybe it was actually an EVH 5150III in disguise
          He had a couple of those that crapped out as well! HA HA!

Comment

I have a El Diablo too and have had no problems. I did buy one a few years ago and it shit the bed right as it was turned on but the factory said that they had problems with the first run of these and it was corrected. Maybe the store has some bad power or something. Hmmm.

Comment

Working...
            X