Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need Help: What Kind of power conditioner is this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Help: What Kind of power conditioner is this?

Hey guys, Im looking at buying a used Furman but I'm having a lot of trouble finding the exact model the guy is selling on the internet. I know it is a furman and he says its a Plus, but I know that the Plus model looks slightly different (has two LEDS on the sides by the dimmer knob). Also, I'm not sure if it's a rackrider as I have not been able to find a model with the same 'rackrider' lettering on it? Maybe I'm just crazy, but I'd really appreciate some help on this one. He wants $100 CDN for it, says its new.

Here is the pic he sent me:

Thanks for your help!

Not sure how new it is, but the Rackrider line from Furman has been discontinued for awhile now.

$100 is a bit steep since you can buy a new one (same/similar features) for under $70 US
    -Rick

Comment

Ah, so it's for sure from the Rackrider line?

Comment

I'm not positive if it is from the 'Rackrider' line, but it does say that on the front, so I'd safely bet that it was.

$100 is too much IMO, I'd look into a newer model from Furman.
        'Howling in shadows
        Living in a lunar spell
        He finds his heaven
        Spewing from the mouth of hell'

Comment

Originally posted by DC_rhoads82 View Post
          Ah, so it's for sure from the Rackrider line?
          The big stenciled 'RACKRIDER' is a dead giveaway...

$50 shipped - no more.
          750xl, 88LE, AT1, Roswell Pro, SG-X, 4 others...
          Stilletto Duece 1/2 Stack, MkIII Mini-Stack, J-Station, 12 spaces of misc rack stuff, Sonar 4, Event 20/20, misc outboard stuff...

Why do I still want MORE?

Comment

It cant be new. It's not on Furmans website with all the rest of the new stuff. I bought a Rackrider seires back in the late 90s at GC for 99.99 new. It had the light bars on it but didnt have the LED's on it. The one in question probably went for about 179.99 back then. The rack rider was thier economy line. I think it may have been made ovewr sees and not in the USA like the rest of the stuff. I never had a problem with mine except for trying to get a burned out bulb out of the tube. I wouldn;t give the guy more the 50 bucks for it. Its older technology and has been discontinuted for at least 5 years. Regardless of its like new look its not new.
            Gil

Comment

Hey thanks guys! Yes, it had me thrown because the 'Rackrider' logo on the front looked different then the other stenciled lettering on pictures of Rackrider models I had seen. Either way, I will stay away from it as for about $50 more I can get a brand new PL-PLUS and I think that'd work, better.
              Thanks for the insight!

Comment

Conditioners are relatively cheap. Just buy new.

Comment

Working...
                X