Bogner 4x12's?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bogner 4x12's?

Anybody here familiar with Bogner 4x12 cabinets? I've gotten an offer to buy one, and the seller says that there's Celestion Classic lead 80 speakers in the cab, and from what I can read on the Bogner homepage and HC is that most of the cabs use Vintage 30's..

Any ideas on this?
    My bands page: www.myspace.com/wartexmetal

Har nettopp kjøpt et rettvinkla Bogner 4x12-kab selv. Har ikke fått testa det skikkelig enda siden jeg ikke får vrengt det opp så voldsomt her på hybelen.. Må se til å skaffe et øvingslokale snart! Hvis du kommer til Trondheim en gang er det bare å si fra så kan du komme innom og teste det!

Hilsen Henrik
    "This ain't no Arsenio Hall show, destroy something!"

Comment

Originally posted by MortenP View Post
      Anybody here familiar with Bogner 4x12 cabinets? I've gotten an offer to buy one, and the seller says that there's Celestion Classic lead 80 speakers in the cab, and from what I can read on the Bogner homepage and HC is that most of the cabs use Vintage 30's..

Any ideas on this?
      I bought an empty Bogner cab used and loaded it with British Celestion Greenbacks myself. I don't know what was in it originally. Most of the current ones come new with V30's and the Uberkab has a combination of V30's and Celestion 75W I believe. Perhaps Bogner also custom loads them with whatever a customer wants too?
      Rudy
      www.metalinc.net

Comment

I don't know the Bogner Cabinet History but many people replace speakers in cabs, so that's probably why it doesn't have V30's.
        I might take you up on the offer Henrik Just get a proper rehearsal space so we can crank it!
        I've ordered an ENGL V30 cab for my Diezel, hopefully that works out so I won't have to swap cabs again Should be good though, that cab has been awesome with all other amps.

(Norwegian translation by Roodyrocker in 5...4...3....)

- Rune.

Comment

Classic lead 80s are my favorite celestion..they rule!!!

But you don't want a "fucked with" cab..I wouldn't.
          "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
          Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by axeman81 View Post
            (Norwegian translation by Roodyrocker in 5...4...3....)
            - Rune.
            Yeah, right. Don't I wish!

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
            But you don't want a "fucked with" cab..I wouldn't.
            I don't know, depends on how cheap it is and what was changed. When I picked up mine it came with an Anvil case but no speakers and the price was right. Since I had 4 new in the box British Celestion 25W Greenbacks, it worked out good. I still want an Uberkab at some point
            Rudy
            www.metalinc.net

Comment

Sure..price means alot!!

Yep, I still wanna Uberkab too. I've been dialed in to my Marshall 1960a cab since I owned it. I been very happy..but a Bogner half stack looks kick ass.

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I actually got in touch with Bogners support today, and they said that Bogner also sells empty cabinets and that it might be one of those that somebody put CL's in, or that it is a custom order...

The guy I'm buying it from says that it looks like a top-notch job, so he's figuring that it's a factory Bogner-cab..But what does he know, right? He's just trying to sell it!

How are the Classic leads for metal/hard rock then? Would they be any good with a 6505?(Granted that you LIKE the 6505 in the first place!)

Comment

Well, I think 6505/5150 sound best with their matching shefields rather than celestions.

Since I ran 5150s w/ GT-75s for years and owned a Peavey cab loaded with the classic lead 80s. My assumption would be sure, I guess. The 80s are warmer/darker than the 75s...with a tad less "sizzle" on the highs and a tad more low end IMO.

I didn't own that Peavey/celestion cab and the 5150s at the same time.

Knowing what I know now. I would never consider running a 5150 with ANY celestions, if I didn't have to...but that's my conviction.

Comment

I have 2 Bogner cubes with Vin 30's and not sure if the 4x12 is built along the same specs but they carry a lot of low end. (In a good way)

Bogner makes GREAT cabs so you won't be disappointed in it.
                    07 Ibanez J Custom RG8470RS, 92 Ibanez RG770EG, 91 Ibanez RG565EG, 90 Ibanez RG550CM, 90 Jackson USA Fusion, 89 BCRich Assassin, 85 Ibanez Roadstar II RS440RV, 05 Takamine AN-10

Furman PL-8 Series II, ADA 3TM MP-1 Ultra+, Axe-FX Ultra, rack tray (Axess Elec. BS-2, DOD FX90), Roland EV-5, Dunlop 535Q18v, VHT 2/50/2, Ground Control Pro, X2 Digital XDS95 W'less, (2) Bogner Cubes

Comment

Go for it. Speaker installation isnt rocket science so if someone bought it empty or removed V30's and put CL80's and wired it right no big deal. I bet they sould great in that cab.

I have the slant version Bogner 4x12 with V30's and its the best cab of my arsnel and I never considered myself a V30's guy before I got that cab
                      shawnlutz.com

Comment

I decided to go for the Bogner-cab, altough I'm not that familiar with the CL's I take it that this cab is gonna sound better than some cheapo Peavey-cab..

I bought a brand new 6505 yesterday, and thought that it would be a nice little present for myself to get a really decent cab as well..

It's gonna be so much fun trying this stuff out..I play mostly hard rock/metal-stuff, and I love the sound in the 6505, so trying out the Bogner with it is going to be interesting!

Comment

Working...
                        X