Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

anybody know what kind of jackson this is?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anybody know what kind of jackson this is?

Its a USA made 89-90 model, reverse headstock, left handed:

"Yet, every little piss ant wanna' be death metal wiener will just carbon copy the next phase.." Kam Lee/Massacre

LEFTY METAL HEAD!

DK1? What does it say at the tip of the headstock?
    Just one more guitar!

Comment

A left handed reverse.... Looks like a fucking Picasso.... too weird!
      Guitars:
      '04 Jackson SL1 - Flametop Cabo Blue Trans Burst
      '94 Charvel Predator - Fire Crackle
      '77 Ibanez LP Custom Copy - Black
      Amp:
      VOX AD30VT

Comment

Has to be a Custom, as they didn't have any true production models then, much less lefties. I agree it looks odd from a right handers perspective, but mirror it and it would kill with that maple board.

Comment

I'm guessing it's a DK1 also. Maybe you can look in the neck pocket to see if there's any stampings or writing,also check the heel of the neck.

Soloists were all neckthru, right? Could you even get a bolt on Soloist from the custom shop?

Whatever it is, I like it!
          'Howling in shadows
          Living in a lunar spell
          He finds his heaven
          Spewing from the mouth of hell'

Comment

DK1? cool. The body has a huge chip on it and the headstock does to. It say 'made in usa', but not 'custom shop'. If i buy it i'll post pictures for sure!
            "Yet, every little piss ant wanna' be death metal wiener will just carbon copy the next phase.." Kam Lee/Massacre

LEFTY METAL HEAD!

Comment

Looks like a left handed reverse DK of some kind.

I assume that it would be USA since it's custom. But I'm not sure...

Comment

Originally posted by DeathThrashAttack View Post
                DK1? cool. The body has a huge chip on it and the headstock does to. It say 'made in usa', but not 'custom shop'. If i buy it i'll post pictures for sure!
                Custom Shop wasn't always there. Only on newer Jacksons and maybe some exceptions to the rule.

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
                  Custom Shop wasn't always there. Only on newer Jacksons and maybe some exceptions to the rule.
                  Correct, and keep in mind even new custom shops can be ordered without the CS logo on them like this:

The guitar in question in this thread looks like a 1989 custom order lefty.
                  Rudy
                  www.metalinc.net

Comment

Originally posted by metalchurch79 View Post
                    I'm guessing it's a DK1 also.
                    A new DK1 has two EMG humbuckers. An old DK1 has H/S/S and 22 frets. His is a custom Dinky model that has H/S.
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                      A new DK1 has two EMG humbuckers. An old DK1 has H/S/S and 22 frets. His is a custom Dinky model that has H/S.
                      It's hard to tell from the picture how many frets it has. It looks like 24 frets. What also threw me off is the Maple fret board w/ Ebony inlays.
                      Was the Maple/Ebony an option before the current DK2M for example?

edit: re read OP and it says it's an 89-90 model. If it is in fact that era, was a 24 fret neck an option?
                      Last edited by metalchurch79; 08-20-2008, 10:57 AM.
                      'Howling in shadows
                      Living in a lunar spell
                      He finds his heaven

Comment

I thought Jacksons (save the RR) came with 24 frets almost exclusively back then, even after Charvel went import? I'm also going to guess then 24 frets by the spacing of the pups and the bridge. I also don't think Maple was an "option" on any production guitars if it was a post 90. Either way, I'm also positive it's a custom.

Comment

Ok cool, so it's not just me

We need more pictures of this, and maybe more info like what if anything is written in the neck cavity and the neck heel.

A serial # would also help.
                          'Howling in shadows
                          Living in a lunar spell
                          He finds his heaven

Comment

serial 7030. The guitar looks great, minus the chip in the paint on the headstock. that neck is awesome!

LEFTY METAL HEAD!

Comment

Well, to start off, I was the fortune one to win this on eBay the other day. From what I can tell, its a custom Jackson from 1989/1990. I've got a few other lefty Jacksons from this time period and all of them are 22 fretted instruments. The really unique thing about this one, that someone already mentioned, I think it might be a DK (Dinky) body style due to the contour by the neck pocket (like you see on DK2's). I've not seen another Jackson that had this that far back...but that is just me and my limited exsporure to my lefty guitars...I could be completely off base on that.

During my next string change, I'll take it apart and see what's in the neck pocket/heal. I've also seen work order information on the inside by the trem cover.

joe...
                              Last edited by GodWentPUNK; 08-28-2008, 11:01 AM.
                              www.godwentpunk.com
                              www.myspace.com/godwentpunk

Comment

Working...
                              X