No announcement yet.

Vox Tonelab LE thread and new score!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vox Tonelab LE thread and new score!!!

So I was in Miami this weekend and I go to visit my old guitar teacher (8 years since I've seen him). He is now the 2nd in charge in Sam Ash of the Dolphin Mall. I tried the new Digitech RP500 (too digital), Boss something was missing, Zoom (my teacher didn't even let me try it)... but then he says ¨lets try this VOX Tonelab LE, there other models and amps sound great so lets see how it is¨... let me tell you our jaws felt to the floor time and time again trying it out and getting different tones out of it . He has a 2k rack system and vintage amps and he is thinking on getting one for giging .

Now I'm back in my home and i'm going to make some noise with it now.

What do you guys think of it? how many of you have it or have tried it? Any patches recomendations?

PS:
    I wanted o try the new Charvel Production models but they didn't have them, too bad.
    '87 Kramer Stagemaster Custom
    '81 Kramer Pacer Standard
    custom made Les Paul
    VOX Tonelab LE
    Epiphone Valve Jr. moded!!!
    ADA MP1
    BBE 422A
    Lexicon MPX-G2
    ADA Microtube 100

AFFA
    Support Your Local 81

I've played one, several times, and am in love. I'm jonesing for either it, or it's predecessor, the SE. I'd probably opt for the SE merely because you can set two different channels per setting, and toggle back and forth between them. Those babies are huge, though, but it would STILL be a downgrade from the size of my usual pedalboard. Just waiting till Santa comes, this year.
    I'm not Ron!

Comment

So far so good with headphones... but I can't nail that sound with my amp. I have a Marshall DSL401 and I ca't get those tones out of it. So my questions are:

1) Should I plug it straight in the input of the amp?
      2) If I run it in the first channel, how should I set oup the gain and eq of the amp?
      custom made Les Paul
      VOX Tonelab LE
      ADA MP1
      BBE 422A
      Lexicon MPX-G2
      ADA Microtube 100

AFFA
      Support Your Local 81

Comment

You MAY wanna try sending it into the effects loop return, and setting the LE's output to LN2, which'll allow you to tweak the overall tone of the Le, further, with it's global eq. That way, the Marshall's preamp is bypassed, so it doesn't add to the overall coloring of the signal. You'll most likely have to control the overall volume with the LE, though, so make sure your levels are low, when starting out. See if that gets you where you wanna be. Let us know how you do.
        I'm not Ron!

Comment

I have a ToneLab LE and love it.

Comment

I'm getting better on the sound, but I think that the 1x12 cab that has the DSL401 needs maybe another 1x12 or a 2x12 cab to complement it and sound better. What you you all think?
            custom made Les Paul
            VOX Tonelab LE
            ADA MP1
            BBE 422A
            Lexicon MPX-G2
            ADA Microtube 100

AFFA
            Support Your Local 81

Comment

I'd agree. Always loved my sound much better when I ran both 4x12 as opposed to a single 4x12. sometimes more IS better.
              I'm not Ron!

Comment

Here is a my metal tone, let me know what you think. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pbQ3Bj8XY8
                EVh Wolfgang/frankenstein pup
                1959Epiphone les paul
                george L cables
                mxr pedals
                Engl fireball 100

Comment

if you are going for scooped Pantera type tone.. you got it.

Comment

Working...
                  X