Just curious, should Jackson...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just curious, should Jackson...

Offer the same options on the floyded models as a fixed bridge on the other 3?

KV-2, KV2T (25.5, original headstock and speed neck)

KE-2, KE2T

WR-1, WR1T

SL2H, SL2HT (in production now)

RR-1, RR1T (in production now)

I sure would love me a KV2T in original specs (McD, Cannella )

The reason I ask is I got lucky and got a KV2T from the first run with the new headstock (which I love btw) in 25.5 but it doesn't have the speedneck that my KV-2 has. My band is up to 5 different tunings now, hard to do those songs live with a floyd right now we only use drop c live cause we don't have enough guitars to play all the tunings, much less 2 or 3 different tuning because 3/4 of my guitars had floyds, now I have 2 with 2 without.

You get used to a guitars profile and some songs you use a floyd, some songs you don't.. with our tuning issues I got an sl2ht off the bay (which I will dwarf badly being 6' 4" 275 lbs ) and really want a KV2T original spec guitar without going custom shop.. I'd like around 4 or 5 of those as they are the biggest guitar jackson offers as a production model. At some point i'll order my dream double rhoads with a quilt top and twisted inlays.

Jackson offers 2 of the models in the same spec with and without a Floyd... I think the other 3 models should as well!

I'm sure the Warrior and Kelly guys would be in as well..

I smell racism :ROTF: :ROTF::ROTF::ROTF:
    Last edited by RD; 08-14-2008, 12:56 AM.
    USA Doublerhoads Custom Shop
    USA King V Custom Shop X Series

Never been a huge fan of fixed bridges myself, but I'm growing to like them, and most of the time I don't even have the bars in my Floyds

A Warrior with a TOM would look nice, as long as it had a v-plate like on Joel's quilted Warrior. The "strings-disappearing-into-the-body" thing makes the guitar look like it's trying to be a violin or some crap
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I think Jackson should have a string through option on all models.

Comment

I agree, string thru options for all models would be a nice change. Jackson has been doing alot of the same old for a while now, and its time for a change. I agree with NewC, I prefer Floyds myself, and I don't use a bar in mine, mostly cause they are converted to lefty, and the bar would get in my way. Even on my lefty Jacksons and Charvels, I don't use the bar.

I would like to see some Jacksons offered with the Schaller Fine Tuner tail, like the Bond Rhoads. I rely on finetuners way too much, call it laziness if you will. I just get a better tuning out of them, and it's easier to reach.

I cannot wait to see the specs for the KV5, I hope it's a good one!
        'Howling in shadows
        Living in a lunar spell
        He finds his heaven
        Spewing from the mouth of hell'

Comment

TOM bridges sounds best with mahogany necks & bodies. They should do them as "limited editions", like the SL2H-MAH versions. Preferably with special, exclusive finishes.

Comment

Yeah, I'd love that! I'm a total TOM guy, you know...

I also love the idea to make those versions all-mahogany.
            http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

Originally posted by RD View Post

WR1T
              Got my vote.
              Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

I agree with the MAH option as well!

Comment

Yes this is what Jackson should do. I am not much of a floyd fan.
                  RR24M -SLATQH- 2 SLSMG's- DKMGT- 3DXMGT's
                  CHS2 -Traditional- 2 SC90 Surfcasters
                  Tacoma DR14 DM14 JR55
                  Ibanez Artcore AM77, AF125NT,AS93

Comment

I think the problem Jackson may have with offering both Floyded and TOM bridged guitars on the same model is the fact that the construction is different for both. So it is not just a matter of throw on a TOM or a Floyd. Unless they opt to go the Carvin route and recess the TOM to get the correct string geometry, then the two guitars would be different construction. The other option would be to go back to a non-recessed Floyd. So, I think the problem may be a manufacturing issue rather than a bridge option issue.

Comment

Big question: why doesn't the SL2H-MAH come in a TOM version also? That would make the most sense of all. It would also seriously tempt me to spend the $$$$ for one.

Comment

Originally posted by ulijdavid View Post
                        I think the problem Jackson may have with offering both Floyded and TOM bridged guitars on the same model is the fact that the construction is different for both. So it is not just a matter of throw on a TOM or a Floyd. Unless they opt to go the Carvin route and recess the TOM to get the correct string geometry, then the two guitars would be different construction. The other option would be to go back to a non-recessed Floyd. So, I think the problem may be a manufacturing issue rather than a bridge option issue.
                        True... but they already offer this on 2 models. Seems unfair to me cause I like the KV2 best

I'm ordering one anyways

Comment

I'd like to see them offer more wraparound bridges like the techtronic 5 on my Pablo or the gotoh 510 that I have been putting on my rebuilds. Really a great sounding,comfortable hardtail option. Never was a whammy fan...
                          www.JerryRobison.com
                          '84 RR, '06 Pablo Santana Soloist,'76 Gibson LP Custom 3 pup,'79 LP custom 2 pup,'82 Gibson XR-1,'89 BC Rich Namm proto, '07 Lauher custom, 86 & 87 model 6, Carol-Ann Amplifiers, Marshall amps, Keeley pedals....it's a long list. Check out my site.

Comment

I remember in a earlier thread someone talking about how Jackson needs to jump on the trends before they fade...

The new trend is tuning down and has been for a while I think by not offering a fixed bridge it has really aliented alot of younger players.

Floyds are cutting edge and super cool for 1988 but in 2008 they are cool for studio work but when you are playing live you really need a fixed bridge guitar. With all the things that can go wrong with a Floyd during a show you want at least one guitar with a fixed bridge to use.

Plus all the damn kids are tuning down to Zb and you cant really do that too well with a Floyd.

Comment

I agree

Loads of people want a KV2 with a TOM bridge. It's rediculous that it is not available.

Plus, Floyd spacing is not as nice as a TOM in my opinion.

Comment

Working...
                              X