DK1 serial question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DK1 serial question

Any idea what year this is......a DK1 with # 006784 I'm thinking it's a 2000 model...am I right? It's a 24 fretter with EMG's. When did they switch from 22 to 24 frets for a DK1,,,anyone know? My 1998 DK1 had 22 frets.

My DK1 with a 6200 number was made in 2006. Don't know if this helps, but I would think yours is probably close to that.

How long have you had it?
    "Some days you're the dog, other days you're the hydrant." - on the back of the business card for Bella the Pomeranian

The comments expressed here do not necessarily reflect the opinions of management.

Comment

Mine is 005577 and the hang tag has a 8/26/03 date.
      http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

Originally posted by lynchfan6 View Post
        Any idea what year this is......a DK1 with # 006784 I'm thinking it's a 2000 model...am I right? It's a 24 fretter with EMG's. When did they switch from 22 to 24 frets for a DK1,,,anyone know? My 1998 DK1 had 22 frets.
        The old DK-1 with 22 frets and H/S/S Duncans started around '96 and was discontinued, I believe, in '98. Then it was brought back with 24 frets and H/H EMGs in 2002.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Hi....thanks for the replies...it was just a serial on a used guitar I was thinking of buying. However, I ended up going with a brand new SL2h in metallic black. I'm extremely happy with it, I'm really loving the neck now that I'm used to it (I was playing a DK1 for years), and the high fret access is amazing. I was a little weary of a soloist as the neck is a bit different than the dinky,,,,but wow, I'm totally loving this sl2h. And, for some reason the painted neck on this one is nothing like that SL1 I tried earlier in the summer,,,,that was really sticky and hard to move on. Of course, that guitar had other flaws , too, and I had to return it. It was kind of a lemon, and I'm glad it didn't ruin me from buying another soloist. This one's perfect.

Comment

Working...
          X