Its official KV2+Kahler=Artist Similar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Its official KV2+Kahler=Artist Similar

Update! this actually may not be the case with the Kahler I am getting clarification from the CS.

Just wanted to give everyone a headsup that a basic KV2 with Kahler is considered Artist Similar now.

You can get a Kahler if you do something like reverse headstock and different control layout.

If you want just a basic KV2 with a Kahler or Kahler fixed it is considered artist similar.

Checked this with a few dealers to make sure...

So if you ever dreamed of owning a KV1 look to the used market....
    Last edited by AK47; 08-09-2008, 02:40 PM.

It's interesting they won't allow both the fixed Kahler or the Flatmount Kahler, even though Mustaine's only used the fixed ones. They look different, but I guess not different enough?
    "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

Originally posted by MetalMedal II View Post
      It's interesting they won't allow both the fixed Kahler or the Flatmount Kahler, even though Mustaine's only used the fixed ones. They look different, but I guess not different enough?
      The idea is they can be swapped easily. They make sure that if you spec a guitar it cant easily be reversed back to artist config after it leaves the factory.

It sounds like it may be safer not to sell guitars at all if they are trying to avoid lawsuits.

Comment

the whole thing is f'n ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by AK47 View Post
          It sounds like it may be safer not to sell guitars at all if they are trying to avoid lawsuits.
          You're right, I think J/C Custom shop has become the Jackson and Charvel Law Firm.
          "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

Ok, that's ridiculous. I understand not reproducing specific graphics or highly unique and personal guitars such as the Vinnie V. But a basic KV with a Kahler is, well, a KV with a Kahler. There were a whole bunch of 'em made long before Dave ever started flogging one around on stage. Why should J/C give a damn what Mustaine thinks? He does nothing but criticize Jackson now, and he doesn't even use Kahlers anymore.

Comment

Maybe someone else can try a quote I tried at two different dealers one was Korina and another was Silver and it was no both times.

It looks official to me...

Comment

Maybe this means they are trying to get him back.

Comment

Pretty such Jackson Charvel respects Dave allot.

Comment

I can't imagine they are trying to get him back. At one point in time Megadeth was my favorite band. But they haven't put anything good out in years (IMO). I don't know anyone who actually still listens to them. And a dude who is approaching 50 shouldn't be in a band called Megadeth anyhow.
                    "I would have banned you for taking part in hijacking and derailing a thread when you could have started your own thread about your own topic." - Unknown

Comment

And a dude who is approaching 50 shouldn't be in a band called Megadeth anyhow.
                      Maybe it should be megadeath?? Too old to rock huh?? Foreigner's tour is being sponsored by AARP, should Dave get them as sponsors next time out?
                      Nice to say on a board that most of the members are around his age.

Comment

Lol, no, never too old to rock. But to be an "angry teen" with a mispelled band name that an angry teen would have.... that's no good. Seriously, doesn't it seem sort of silly? Didn't mean to offend.
                        Last edited by Musician78; 08-09-2008, 10:39 AM.
                        "I would have banned you for taking part in hijacking and derailing a thread when you could have started your own thread about your own topic." - Unknown

Comment

naw, it doesn't seem silly at all, and while i hadn't listened to any Megadeth besides the old classics in over a decade, the new album i have to say is pretty good, i was kinda suprised and happy about it.

sounds like you yourself have grown out of it, why should he change his band name just cause he's 50, why not just roll over and die, his lifes over right?

Comment

*sigh* I can see I hit a nerve by voicing my opinion on this one... No he shouldn't roll over and die. I just have trouble taking him serious these days. Sort of like when I see someone over the age 30 wearing grotesque metal t shirts or wrestling shirts. To me it is silly. I think he tries too hard to maintain the same sort of audience that he once did. I think the last good album of theirs was Cryptic Writings. I even liked most of Risk. I haven't "outgrown" anything; I still love metal, some of which is way heavier than Megadeth ever was.

Just my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich#6 View Post
                              Maybe it should be megadeath?? Too old to rock huh?? Foreigner's tour is being sponsored by AARP, should Dave get them as sponsors next time out?
                              Nice to say on a board that most of the members are around his age.
                              If he decides to change the name, my vote is for "Megadad." Either that or my close second, "Mega-IwasonceinMetallicalovemelovemelovemepayattentiont oME-Dave!"

Only problem is fitting it on a CD cover...
                              The last thing I want to do is hurt you...but it's still on the list.

Comment

Working...
                              X